Vice President of Research
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
On the Business Adjacencies team of MGM, we’re supporting the business by looking for new digital experiences for our customers and continuing to look at areas of focus that blend the digital and physical worlds together. This includes areas of focus such as investments in digitally adjacent businesses, launching products based off emerging technologies and putting company in position to be successful for decades to come. The Business Adjacencies team brings together expertise across hospitality and technology with the goal to ship and invest in groundbreaking new product experiences.
The Vice President of Investments role at MGM includes identifying investment opportunities across digitally adjacent businesses that will be accretive to MGMs balance sheet and enable innovative partnerships for the brand. To be successful in this role, the individual must be able to think strategically across future platforms and technologies and have the vision to see the future of entertainment and gaming. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
This means you are not only able to manage the team and drive high‐level strategic initiatives in the space, but also be willing to experiment. Being Vice President, Investments at MGM is a full‐stack endeavor; your work will source using your expertise from researching opportunities, stress testing, and working with the senior leadership team to close deals.
- Manages and oversees division and functions of the TDD Investments department that includes multiple teams led by directors and/or managers to intake deal flow through validation, analysis, audit and investment.
- Owns the execution of the operational direction and organization strategy/execution across various lines of business with emphasis in future forward areas that haven't been deeply explored by MGM.
- Partners with senior leadership to establish and implement mid‐ to long‐term plans, which may require substantial development of new processes and standards to achieve strategic goals. Partners with engineering, design and operational team members to produce thoughtful and customer focused products via partnership.
- Creates a collaborative work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction. Ensures quality hiring and training and supports succession planning that reflects the company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform other job‐related duties as requested.
- 6 + years of professional leadership experience in M&A.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- 8+ years People Management Experience leading a team of product managers and driving meaningful results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends.
- Strong technical background with understanding and/or hands‐on experience in software development and web/mobile technologies.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to deliver results while working with others, and motivate a team culture that is respectful and supports the company values of excellence, integrity, and quality experience. Skilled in managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to quickly step up to lead projects and cross‐functional teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.