Vice President of Marketing and Communications
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications position is responsible for designing, implementing and managing the marketing and communications strategy and operations for the organization. Assists with government relations.
- Contributes to the organization strategic plan, providing a marketing and communications perspective. Provides input on volume objectives and helps identify new service and expansion opportunities.
- Develops VNA brand images and messages in collaboration with CEO.
- Designs the marketing and communications strategies and plans for recommendation to the CEO based upon internal and external data analysis and competitor analysis.
- Implements and manages the marketing and communications activities in alignment with the strategies and plans.
- Monitors results of marketing and communications strategies and activities and makes adjustments as necessary to achieve objectives.
- Recommends a VNA relationship manager for each key external partner and obtains relationship updates from each relationship manager.
- Hires and supervises members of the marketing and communications team.
- Makes reports to the VNA Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the VP of Development and Innovation, works with leaders in the community to promote awareness of organization.
- Assists with government relations, increasing awareness of VNA and organization priorities.
- Organizes and executes all events involving external parties.
- Maintains department expenses within budgeted amounts.
- Ten or more years of management experience in marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to drive a car.
- Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer terminal.
- Visual ability to review and work from written and printed materials.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods.