Vice President Of Logistics
The Vice President of Logistics will provide support and oversight for managing movement, tracking, warehousing and shipping of all finished goods. As a key member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Logistics reports directly to the Regional President and establishes policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations.
Our Vice President of Logistics must reside in the assigned area which includes warehouses in Cheshire, CT, Mount Laurel, NJ, Commack, NY and Columbia, MD.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to logistics operations of the organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values.
- Responsible for managing movement, tracking, warehousing and shipping of finished goods. Ensure all Supply Chain processes are efficient and maintain cost performance measures.
- Develop departmental standards that support lean principles and lead / implement processes. Lead cross-functional projects that will enhance the supply chain logistics operations.
- Develops / implements strategies that will increase the efficiency of goods movement and warehousing as well as reduce damage to product during loading and transit.
- Determine logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate Customer from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to KPI’s, program updates and on-going program information.
- Forecasts and recommends logistics budget for approval, including third party logistics, warehouse and freight spend. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning of logistics operations.
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations.
- Drives the design, development, implementation and management of logistics solutions.
- Manage and interact with suppliers of logistics, packaging, warehousing, and distribution as well as with internal Supply Chain to ensure that all relevant requirements of delivery, cost and quality are met.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to team members career development.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Enlists the support of sales management, implementation resources and other resources as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a warehouse and professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel is expected.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required
- 5+ years of supply chain logistics, warehouse management experience required.
- At least five years in a senior management role preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing Logistics required.
- Highly skilled project management and collaborative alignment capabilities. Ability to draw insights from data and develop collaborative solutions to supply chain challenges.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Exceptional customer relations skills and ability to handle complex situations
- Advanced skill level of MS Office Suites, e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word and the internet for research