Vice President of Finance
Rippling is looking to hire a VP of Finance, to be based out of the New York or San Francisco offices. This role will report directly to the CFO, overseeing FP&A and Strategic Finance. FP&A’s responsibilities include financial planning, budgeting, and reporting, while Strategic Finance partners with business units to forecast the top and bottom line impact of their initiatives and evaluate return on investment. This individual is expected to be a strategic thought partner to the CFO and Rippling’s other leadership to drive sound business decisions and ensure execution of short and long term financial targets. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in investment banking and / or private equity, along with senior Finance leadership experience at a scaled high-growth tech company.
What you will do
- Lead annual and quarterly planning discussions, with an ability to tie business initiatives and goals to the financial plan.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with business leaders across the company, and work closely with them to ensure top and bottom line goals are achieved.
- Create and implement a comprehensive ROI framework evaluating product-level unit economics and the impact of initiatives in S&M, R&D, and CX & Ops. Use this to inform decisions on capital allocation across business units.
- Ensure accurate financial forecasting - both on a consolidated basis and by business unit - for both the top and bottom line.
- Deliver timely monthly reporting, and provide insights to management into key trends that are emerging in the business.
- Define KPI’s and create dashboards that provide a consolidated view of important operating and financial metrics across the company.
- Create Board materials and investor updates. Lead the creation of materials for future fundraise processes.
What you will need
- 10+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree. An MBA, or equivalent, is a plus.
- Experience at a bulge bracket investment bank and / or private equity firm, along with Finance operating roles at startups or other large tech companies. SaaS industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Superior ability to understand complex problems, evaluate them systematically, and drive to a solution with intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Excellent management skills - including an ability to build and manage a high performing team - while still being able to operate at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across the company. Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with non-financial audiences.
- Comfortable operating in a high growth environment. Capable of staying organized. Can prioritize and execute on many projects at once.