Vice President of Data Engineering and Analytics
As a VP of Data Engineering and Analytics , you will play an active role in the direction, development and completion of projects that align engineering activities with company goals. You will work across the organization to ensure scrum processes are understood, adopted, and improved upon. You will work with engineers, product managers, designers, and the executive team to bring clarity and insight into the delivery of product and project deliverables.
- Lead and define the vision of strategic analytics, business intelligence, and data science teams.
- Work cross-functionally with the executive team and all senior leadership teams within the business to defining KPIs, evangelize data-driven decision making, and develop business forecasts.
- Execute on the Data Strategy and Vision outlined by the company and ensure milestones and deliverables around the BI, Analytics, and Data Science initiatives are met.
- Be an excellent communicator who can drive the full cycle of analytics workflow, from requirement gathering, to data collection, analysis, modeling, reporting and visualization.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on best methods and processes.
- Provide coaching and training at the program, team, and individual level to usher in more advocates.
- Baseline, measure, and monitor the agile maturity across teams.
- Drive the required cultural transformation in adopting development methodologies.
- Collaborating with the development teams on implementation and enterprise wide adoption of tools, systems, and processes designed to support the organization's information and data needs.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical team operations including: data preparation, data warehousing, reporting, analytics, data exploration, information delivery (portals, mobile), BI competency center or center of excellence.
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and grow a talented team of managers, analysts, and data scientists.
- Work on and lead cross-team projects in the organization.
- Participate in regular process reviews and maintain applicable process documentation
Abilities and Knowledge
- Act a business partner with senior leadership across D&A and BUs to ensure innovation ideas in alignment with the company's strategic objectives.
- Be organized, proactive, communicative, and accountable.
- Evaluate results of strategic activities and adjust the strategic direction to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Proactively identify trends and areas of risk and opportunity for growth
- Manage day to day workload of Data and Analytics team
- Coach D&A Strategy team on activities such as opportunity assessments, market research studies, etc.
- Exhibit creativity when problem-solving, and demonstrate a positive, solutions oriented approach to obstacles.
- Know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Remain focused under pressure.
- Know how to lead--and in some cases, rally--your team so they're primed to meet and exceed goals.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience leading Data Science, Engineering, and Research teams and developing/shaping products.
- Organizational leadership experience, including experience collaborating with teams and executive leadership.
- Good storytelling skills and the ability to present complex information simply in both small and large group settings to technical/non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge of Statistics, Operations Research, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning and Deep Learning algorithms and frameworks
- A solid understanding/experience in cloud data platforms/services such as Snowflake, Intellio,, Databricks, PowerBI, Tableau, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience navigating through ambiguity of blue-sky, undefined medical product, data collection, and analysis.
- Experience building successful, customer-centric teams and operating models with business delivery
Attendance and Punctuality: Being punctual, reliable and consistent is key to company success. To function at a high level, you are expected to be reliable and punctual for work and take designated breaks as set by your leader.
Working Conditions: We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
Work Environment: Remote positions require a HIPAA compliant environment. Your work environment must be accessible to a consistent and adequate internet connection per company's guidelines. A controlled and dedicated work space will be necessary to be successful.
Physical Requirements: Our client will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO Statement: Our client will provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.