Vice President of Data Analytics
Rippling lets you effortlessly manage your employees’ payroll, benefits, devices, apps, and more—in one place. Rippling is the only workforce platform that brings all of your employee data—not just pieces of it—into one unified record. That way, you don’t have to reconcile and enter data in 100 different systems. This approach creates “magic moments” where data across HR, IT, and Finance systems can be combined in ways that have never been available to customers before. As a company, we take a lot of pride in the value that good data creates for our customers. We are excited to build out our internal data science and data analytics capabilities to add even more value to the customer experience. The Vice President of Data Analytics will scale the business intelligence, data analytics, and data science capabilities of the team. This individual will partner with the Data Engineering and Business Systems teams while working closely with the business leaders and executives across the company. This person will structure the team for successful partnerships with the various functional leads across R&D, S&M, CX and Operations, and G&A. We are looking for high-level executive communication and strategic thinking as we scale the Rippling business for the next phase of growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Reporting directly to the CFO and working closely with business leaders and executives to ensure data driven decision making across the company. Today, these functions (R&D, S&M, CX and Operations, and G&A) have varying levels of data maturity. We are looking for a leader that will establish a strong core foundation for advanced data science and analytics projects across all teams.
- Architect, develop, and implement the data management platform vision and roadmap in partnership with broader product, engineering, business systems, and business teams.
- Participate meaningfully in business and technical discussions to ensure that we are using the best possible technologies and approaches to advance our data discovery, quality, metric standardization, and data science and machine learning capabilities.
- Build and drive industry best practices for data governance for the organization working with various cross-functional partners.
- Lead, mentor, and grow our data science and analytics team. Drive impact at scale, and recruit and manage high-performing technical leaders.
- Build a team that delivers insights to inform and influence strategic decisions related to the product, go-to-market strategy, customer experience, as well as the financial plan for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 15 to 20+ years of experience leading data science and data analytics/business intelligence teams. Experience leading data engineering and research teams is a plus.
- Organizational leadership experience, including experience collaborating with teams and executive leadership.
- Experience navigating through ambiguity of blue-sky thinking and undefined data problems.
- Commitment to building inclusive teams and team culture.
- Passion for data and metrics.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.