Vice President, New Consumer Products
The VP of New Consumer Products is responsible for overseeing the growth of new decarbonization offerings for Nexamp’s residential customers. This person will oversee the development of new ideas that are developed by Nexamp’s R&I team and help transition and scale the winning concepts into Nexamp’s core business units. The VP of Consumer Products will work directly with the SVP of Marketing, and VP of Customer Success to ensure that new product offerings seamlessly integrate into the current Nexamp customer journey. When needed, the VP will also outline the organizational structure for any new business units that need to be created in order to support emerging product lines. The VP will also scope and develop product line business plans, and make key hires, for these new business units.
Leadership and Vision
- Promote and secure consensus for consumer roadmap priorities throughout the broader organization and ensure all teams are collaborating to drive product initiative success.
- On an as needed basis, outline organizational structure for new business units that need to be created to support new products.
- Recruit and hire “key” employees to run new business units.
- Establish KPIs to track progress of new business units.
- Oversee initial growth of new business until ownership is transferred to other business units.
- Communicate and socialize the strategy and roadmap to internal and client stakeholders in ways that drives excitement, support and understanding.
- Collaborate with the Nexamp Marketing team to promote new features to our customer base and ensure that revenue targets are set and achieved.
- Drive prioritization of large product initiatives to ensure development resources are focused on highest value items on the product roadmap.
- Facilitate transfer and integration of R&I “proven concepts” into Nexamp’s existing business units.
- Work with other business unit heads to transition products out of R&I team and integrate them across Nexamp.
- Work with Finance team to build business model and determine future profitability of various consumer products.
- Assist R&I team and help them build product roadmap that continues to expand Nexamp’s decarbonization consumer products.
- Create go-to-market planning and success measurement to drive successful launches and tracking of product success and health.
- Understand user needs to ensure that customer-first product is developed by Nexamp.
Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented, and operate well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- 8+ years of professional experience in product management or related experience
- Prior experience working in a consumer-facing organization, experience energy industry highly preferred
- Strong team leadership and delegation skills to lead teams in a high growth environment
- Understanding of methods used to evaluate, define, and invest in opportunities
- Strong business acumen and creativity
- Demonstrated ability in participating in the full lifecycle of consumer products to release
- Previous success in bringing new consumer products to market at a rapid pace
- Excellent verbal and written presentational skills. Comfort presenting to C-suite and board of directors
- Proven experience in customer-first products
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance starting day one; Flexible Paid Time Off and Holiday PTO; Commuter Benefits, Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a hybrid work environment, headquartered in Boston, MA with a fun, collaborative, downtown office! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
Please note that the Company requires all individuals in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters. Vaccines must be authorized and/or approved by the FDA. Individuals needing an exemption to this requirement due to medical, disability-related, or religious reasons may request an exemption. The Company will engage in an interactive process to determine if an exemption to this requirement as a reasonable accommodation is appropriate.
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible.
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.