The Vice President of Medical Affairs, IDV will provide leadership and guidance for all Medical Affairs activities (clinical research, marketing support, regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance, medical compliance and scientific affairs) aligned to regional medical strategies and global guidance to maximize value of products in pipeline. He/she will lead the design, development and implementation of programs related to educational, promotional and reporting materials for products related to Emergency Use Authorization, Phase IIIb, Phase IV trials, solicited and non-solicited studies, and publications for the ID&V current and future portfolio. This leader will manage a large organization of office, and field-based, and will report directly to the President of Janssen IDV.
This position is responsible for developing and delivering all IDV Medical Affairs (MA) strategic objectives and plans in support of overall company objectives for both approved and in development assets, such as:
- Management of medical affairs strategies, plans, projects, and products
- Study concept preparation and approval
- Develops medical affairs product launch readiness plan/medical affairs plans
- Designs and implements medical affairs plans, including identification of critical paths and tracking of projects
- Works with other department heads to design launch readiness and life cycle management programs for products
- Leverages clinical knowledge, industry relationships, and experiences to understand standards of care, unmet needs and how our portfolio and innovations can help address those unmet needs. Congress, symposium, key medical society, and one on one peer engagement is a key component.
- Ensures the provision of high-quality Medical Affairs activities including Therapeutic Area and Product Medical Strategy, Scientific Communications, Medical Education and Pharmacovigilance across US in support of strategic objectives
- Provide US Medical Affairs input into brand value teams’ plans and strategies to leverage clinical value, data and evidence
- Represent the medical community as a member of the IDV Commercial Leadership team and the North American Scientific Affairs Leadership Team
- Maintain oversight of finance and operational support for US Medical Affairs; Responsible for a multi-million dollar budget
- Attract, develop, and manage core talent and build medical affairs skills to help create a diverse, high performing medical organization
- A minimum of an MD or DO is required
- A minimum of 12 years of pharmaceutical industry R&D/Medical Affairs experience or an equivalent combination of clinical practice/academic research and industry experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- A minimum of 8 years managing people, including at some point medically trained individuals
- Experience setting medical strategy in collaboration with Medical Science Liaison teams is preferred
- Infectious Disease and Vaccines experience is preferred
- Demonstrated success fostering close partnerships across functions (e.g., marketing, R&D, etc.) is required
- Understanding of US healthcare dynamics is required
- Domestic Travel of 25-30% may be required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.