We are currently looking for a VP to join our Media department in New York.
Must have Retail Experience.
In a Nutshell:
Our VP leaders drive strategic planning and buying across a large / various lines of business across our social and digital teams identifying tactical game plans and setting strategies.
These individuals act as a strategic partner to our clients providing assessment of the client's current social and digital proficiencies and areas for improvement. Our VP’s are responsible for ensuring the Honey Empire Values are followed and provides their teams with stability, direction, and growth.
What You’d Do:
- Finalizes and presents media objective and strategy documents for larger efforts and periodic quarterly and annual planning
- Looks for innovative and breakthrough ideas, approaches and solutions and opportunities to expand existing and sell new business to clients
- Manages negotiations for high value and/or complex packages
- Evaluate/approve all recommendations and presentations before sending to client
- Delegate work effectively to, not only teach direct reports, but also deliver seamless client work
- Foster an environment that encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation and creativity
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing and evaluating team members
- Responsible for P&L growth, staffing, operations
- Architects direction and scope; shaping strategy, team, and desired outcomes
- Responsible for account(s) margin contribution health and stability with an eye towards growth across Vayner portfolio
- Structure and solve the complex, multi-dimensional challenges that come with maintaining a healthy agency team and account
- Able to move with ease between micro and macros views, ensuring all are consistent
- Develop and promote a vision and culture that team and clients can see and chart a clear path to achievement
- Position the organization as a center of expertise and influence in the industry
- Lead honest, robust and meaningful conversations and regularly give constructive and actionable feedback, specifically focused on developing top talent for future managerial roles
- Responsible for delivering annual reviews, including making promotion and merit based increase recommendations for team members in collaboration with S/EVPs
- Continually collaborate with departmental leadership to develop and enhance Vayner’s recruitment pipeline and talent management best practices
- Deliver best in class holistic media strategies, inclusive of client KPI success and seeking to move the industry at large
- Pursue and vet emerging media opportunities; guiding team on priorities, and adjusting agency-level POVs based on changing market dynamics
- Contribute to industry dialogue, publications, and events adding unique perspective
- Foster a culture where we anchor our media recommendations on realistic business outcomes
- Build, maintain, and grow senior-level client relationships; serving as an executive sponsor and client advisor for multiple clients within the agency portfolio
What You’ve Got:
- A minimum 10-15+ years of industry experience working within a platform with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- A proven track record of large-scale media buying proficiency across several buying/ biddable platforms with particular depth in the following: Choose the platform needed for this specific role and place the “nice to haves” below
- Social: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Amazon (AMS, Amazon DSP, AMG)
- Paid Search (Google, Bing, Amazon)
Any Additional Experience in the following a plus:
- Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- Experience working with attribution partners
- Experience leading and managing growing teams
- Advanced written and presentation communication skills with the ability to command an audience's attention and displays an exceptional gravitas
- A proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Ability to lead by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy and internal/external professionalism.
- You live for today’s digital & mobile consumer and are passionate about developing brand-specific strategies and constantly seek out innovative partners/platforms to identify new opportunities.
- An individual who demonstrates the ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build and strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
- A person that is well versed in media who can utilize resources to help guide client’s marketing goals in their respective markets (syndicated, proprietary, analyst data)
- Understand and adopt new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ media strategies
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive and representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, and behaviors.
We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Base Salary: $188,000 - $300,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health and Wellness benefits