Vice President, Growth Marketing
If leadership is a calling for you and you know how to inspire and collaborate with employees of all types, we want to hear from you. goop's VP of Growth Marketing must possess empathy for each of your team members, while holding them, and yourself, to the highest standards.
Goop is looking for an incredible VP of Growth Marketing to amplify their digital presence. Working closely with goop's new President, the VP of Growth Marketing will be in charge of continuing the goop success story via scaling the growth channels beyond SEO and lifecycle marketing. This role will be charged with building a strategy and team around continuing the rapid growth of one of America’s first DTC brands.
- First and foremost, you will amplify goop's existing digital tactics and strategize, launch and grow new digital initiatives.
- You will manage an agile team and be instrumental in helping goop reach their audiences in novel ways.
- Develop strategy and manage ongoing operational plans in the following areas – Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Paid Social/Content Marketing, Affiliates, Referrals and Amazon.
- Develop and deploy an always improving site merchandising strategy.
Team & Budget Management
- Build and develop a high-performance marketing organization that is focused on connecting directly with customers.
Reporting and Analysis:
- You will partner with the analytics team to ensure all tactics are measurable and own the reporting and analysis of your initiatives.
- You will instill a rigorous analytical ethic in your team.
- In partnership with the analytics team you will set, measure and continuously optimize key metrics – Customer Acquisition Cost, Customer Lifetime Value and Return on advertising spend.
- In addition, you will partner with the analytics team to evolve goop's current approach to attribution.
- Through rigorous analysis of both quantitative data (e.g. Google Analytics) and qualitative insights (e.g. post-purchase surveys), you will know what motivates goop customers, test hypotheses and scale wins across the customer journey.
- Work with product and engineering teams to evolve our marketing technology.
Qualifications & Experience
- +15 years of business experience, with at least 10 years of growth marketing experience.
- Significant E-Commerce experience a must.
- Significant experience in the following channels: Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Paid Social, Affiliates and Referrals (Amazon experience a plus)
- A strong track record of scaling high performance teams.
- Data driven, with experience operating with an agile, test/learn/iterate operating mindset.
- Pragmatic problem solver who operates with a first principles mindset at all times.
- Strong influencer and relationship builder with internal and external influencers.
- Compensation: Competitive Market Salary DOE + Equity + Generous Benefits Package
- Perks: Generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, employees we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. With every aspect of this policy, goop is committed to employee health and safety, and will continue to follow all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Type of Hire: This is a Full-Time Exempt Staff position. Temporary employment candidates, consultants and placement agency candidates will not be considered
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through LinkedIn submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization