Vice President, Engineering, Core Developer
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field (e.g., mathematics, physics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 20 years of experience in professional software engineering.
- Experience building developer products or third party platforms.
- Experience with technical innovation and leading organizations of engineers.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in developing a shared goal and ways of working that inspires teams to collaborate together.
- Ability to lead through influence, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to recruit and develop technical talent, and to inspire/motivate the engineering team to work together as a cohesive and productive unit.
- Passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root causes of technical problems and provide guidance on solving them.
Core Developer is responsible for supporting Google's Developer Languages, Developer Frameworks, and services that support Google's Developer Lifecycle.
In this role, you will lead an organization of engineers to drive the development, strategy, and execution for the frameworks and building blocks (including languages) that an internal, global population of engineers use to build Google and products. You will have a passion for people, the Internet and scaling a model for online and mobile audience engagement.
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google’s flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google’s products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.
The US base salary for this full-time position is $550,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Provide technical goal and strategy, design, and lead a technical roadmap.
- Partner across the organization to create, drive, and deliver innovative, user-friendly products for our developers across all platforms. Develop a community with cross-functional partner teams like Product Management, Site Reliability Engineering, and User Experience.
- Inspire computer science teams to innovate, invent, implement and deploy software solutions in a commercial environment.
- Unlock roadblocks at corporate level and cultivate collaboration with executive technologists across Google through leadership, creativity, intelligence, and presence.
- Develop and grow leadership talent through mentoring, managing, succession planning, and retention strategies for key talent in an economic environment.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.