Vice President, Digital Product Management
What you'll do...
At H&R Block, we are in search of people with bold ideas who want to make a difference and help transform the company. When you come and work with us, you are joining a group that is grounded in the spirit of entrepreneurship – nimble, quick, self-starters who are drawn to try new things. We need innovators, creators and achievers like you who are ready to challenge and disrupt an entire industry.
The VP Digital Product Management will play a key role in delivering innovation and growth opportunities supporting our enterprise strategy. This highly visible role will report to the SVP Consumer Tax Products & Support and will work extensively with a wide range of senior business and functional leaders.
As a member of the Global Consumer Tax Team, you will define the vision, long-term product strategy and roadmap for the portfolio of consumer tax products including our DIY tax products that millions of clients use each year. You will leverage feedback and insights, identify opportunities and define new, innovative capabilities and features focused on solving client problems. You will work closely with key leaders to evolve the strategy, introduce future technologies and drive capabilities that leverage H&R Block’s advantages and enable us to deliver meaningful client and revenue growth.
As the leader of the Consumer Tax Products team, you will:
- Hold a key role in the organization, helping solve complex and important business challenges
- Help shape the future of the Consumer Tax Products portfolio by working hand-in-hand with the SVP Consumer Tax Products & Support and other top-level executives
- Accelerate your career by having a seat at the table for high-level strategy decisions
- Have genuine work-life balance
The ideal candidate will be seeking a challenging next step after having experience with a digital product, in software development or product marketing role. The candidate will also be a real person, with a sense of humor, high emotional intelligence, and a passion for working with and leading a diverse team.
Day to day, you'll...
- Develop the product vision and overarching strategic roadmap founded in the needs of users. Optimize the product strategy to ensure alignment with HRB’s objectives to deliver amazing experiences and value to our clients
- Lead a passionate team of product owners, be a teacher, and develop talent that craves tough problems and values winning together
- Support and foster a fail fast culture to ensure product owners are rapidly testing and learning. Ensure empathy and understanding of client needs is central to how your team operates
- Leverage data and understand key performance indicators that help drive decision-making, prioritization and opportunities to innovate
- Collaborate with your team and engineering to drive a seamless customer journey that delivers ease, confidence and creates brand loyalists
- Work closely with your design partners to elevate the experience, identify key moments of truth and determine how to delight clients as they interact with our various products and services
- Partner with marketing to build experiences aligned to our target segments, determine how to differentiate and strengthen our value proposition
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, design or marketing or related field
- At least 15 years of overall business experience building and leading teams in product/platform management with increasing levels or responsibility
- 8+ years of digital product management, digital product marketing experience or design
- History of improving the customer experience by leveraging data to optimize the customer journey
- Proven track record of delivering client and revenue growth by identifying opportunities and understanding key levers
- Ability to tell a compelling ‘story’ and effectively communicate with senior management
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of the organization, including indirect reports and cross functional stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile and in an iterative product development environment
- Ability to translate business strategy into product strategy
- Ability to manage multiple high-impact priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, negotiation and influence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative relationship building style; ability to work well with executives and leaders
- Base salary range $200000 - 250000 / year
- Yearly incentives cash + equity
About H&R Block...
We’re here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company—one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
WOTC Eligibility Check