Vice President Digital, Markets
Cedar Rapids, IA
Des Moines, IA
The VP of Digital Sales is responsible for working with our sales team in the Iowa Area (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Davenport) as well as the iHeart Digital Solutions team to build and sell integrated campaigns with assets such a Streaming Audio, Podcasts, Social Influencers, OTT and more. In this role you will lead digital sales efforts for these designated markets and with the sales team will manage the entire sales process from prospecting to close, as well as campaign maintenance and client relationship management with the goal of achieving digital revenue goals.
- Manages Digital revenue and accountable for meeting/exceeding assigned Digital Budgets in assigned Area/markets
- Oversees Digital Sales activities and processes including preparing budgets, revenue forecasting as necessary and controlling digital sales expenses
- Oversees management of available Digital advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales
- Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes
- Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals
- Translates market and Digital business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue
- Develops strategic digital sales solutions that integrate with iHeart’s additional non-digital media assets
- Generates new business/digital revenue and deepen existing client relationships
- Acts as a strategic resource (ideation, brainstorming) for Sales Managers, AEs, and clients across the Area
- Constant liaison between sales, clients, and vendors
- Expert on digital product features and benefits including Ad Tagging, Rich Media, Data Sharing for attribution and effectiveness, Audience Targeting, Viewability Studies, Systems
- Client facing meetings with AEs and Sales Managers
- Ongoing personal and team training and development specific to Digital marketing in general and iHeart’s digital platform
- Works with our Digital Sales Engineers, Project Managers, Operational Support and 3rd Party ad tech partners to ensure that we are properly planning, selling, executing, optimizing and recapping all Digital Sales campaigns
- Helps Sales Leadership team recruit and hire digitally savvy sellers with client base and in market relationships
- Strong understanding of digital, broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships
- Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines, and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
- Lives within driving distance of Iowa Area markets
- 3+ years’ experience as a Digital Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
- Broadcast/traditional media sales and/or sales leadership experience a plus
- 4-year college degree preferred
- IAB Certification preferred
Davenport, IA: 3535 E Kimberly Road, 52807
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .