Vice President & Counsel- Technology & Innovation
This attorney will be part of the team within BNY Mellon’s Legal Department focused on Data, Intellectual Property, Technology and Innovation.
- Advising on the strategy, planning and execution of priority technology initiatives, including IT infrastructure, cloud strategy and product development.
- Drafting technology and intellectual property aspects of client-facing agreements and advising product attorneys on the same.
- Supporting business stakeholders with technology related regulatory examinations and inquiries.
- Developing and conducting attorney/stakeholder training programs on technology-related legal issues.
- Staying abreast of legal and regulatory developments in the financial services sector involving emerging technologies (e.g. AI/ML, DLT) and advising senior stakeholders of their potential impact to BNY Mellon.
- Collaborating with public affairs, regulatory and regional colleagues to engage in the review and consultation of legislative activities related to technology.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- In-house counsel experience preferred.
- Attorney with strong working knowledge of technology law, ideally in financial services or another critical infrastructure sector.
- Information technology background (e.g. computer science) highly desirable.
- Experience in technology contract drafting and negotiation preferred.
- Must be articulate, organized, able to work in a collaborative manner and comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding environment. Appetite for learning is also critical.
- Knowledge of fintech developments and innovation in the financial services sector desirable. Strong interest in same is critical.