Vice President, Content Strategy
Phreesia is looking for a Vice President, Content Strategy to join our Life Sciences leadership team. In this role you will lead our Content Strategy team, encompassing several functions critical to the growth, success, and impact of our company. This team may look & function like a boutique digital agency, but at our core we are a healthcare technology company with deep roots in technology.
Our mission revolves around activating patients, equipping them with trustworthy information, and supporting them towards behavioral change and positive health outcomes. Content is central to this mission. In this role, you will oversee all matters related to the implementation and development of patient-facing content and campaigns, the continual improvement of our ability to create and deploy content to effectively engage and activate patients at scale, and Phreesia Life Sciences’ public stance on how content can support patient health.
You will lead teams charged with client services, creative operations, project management, and content strategy. You will be responsible for our capacity to execute on our contracts while providing industry-leading client service, and both internal and external thought leadership.
Your teams will work closely with creative agencies, brands, life sciences innovation and population health teams, and other key partners to execute Phreesia campaigns while ensuring the continuity and growth of strong relationships. You will also partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop and improve content products and strategy that support their various patient activation initiatives.
This is a growing team that will continue to expand to support our business as we rapidly scale. Hiring and retaining a smart and diverse team, growing talent at all levels, and fostering a supportive team culture will be critical to success. Equally important will be finding opportunities for operating leverage and efficiency, and ensuring continued gains in productivity as we grow.
The Vice President, Content Strategy is a highly cross-functional role and will work closely with leadership in Sales, Analytics, Research, Market Development, Clinical Content, Product Management and Engineering. We are seeking an individual who is comfortable building and leading a team that can respond and adapt to the dynamic environment of a fast-growing company and is eager to hone and champion Phreesia’s vision to engage and activate patients.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, develop, and manage the teams responsible for the creation and implementation of hundreds of campaigns a year
- Partner with stakeholders across the company—including in life science, payer, and provider verticals—to guide the development and refinement of content strategy for patient activation initiatives
- Shape and promote Phreesia Life Sciences’ public stance on how content can support patient health, as well as the rights and responsibilities of content platforms. Encourage public discourse and thought leadership in this area, elevating perceptions of our brand among key stakeholders
- Translate and communicate company strategic objectives into measurable goals for your teams and ensure that they have the support and resources necessary to achieve their goals
- Attract, retain, and develop leaders and team members at all levels of the organization to build a strong, diverse, and motivated team
- Inspire and drive a culture of accountability and continuous learning and improvement on the Content Strategy team
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in leading client services within the Healthcare/Life Sciences or healthcare marketing industries
- 7+ years directly managing people managers
- Intellectual curiosity and demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Comfort with work in ambiguous and complex multi-stakeholder environments
- A passion for healthcare, supporting and empowering patients, and advancing health equity
- Strong prioritization skills, and the ability to simultaneously oversee multiple teams and large complex projects, and to act independently and decisively
- Willingness to travel and to meet with clients and colleagues
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Passion for leadership, effective management skills, and demonstrated ability to lead an organization through rapid growth and change
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re looking for smart and passionate people to help drive our mission of creating a better, more engaging healthcare experience. We’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in an ever-evolving landscape by transforming the way healthcare is delivered. Our SaaS platform digitizes appointment check-in and offers tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing, and enhance clinical care.
Phreesia cares about our employees by providing a diverse and dynamic work environment. We’re a five-time winner of Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award and we’ve been recognized on the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index. We are dedicated to continuously improving our employee experience by launching new programs and initiatives. If you thrive in a culture of recognition, value inclusivity, professional development, and growth opportunities, Phreesia could be a great fit!
Top-rated Employee Benefits:
- 100% Remote work + home office expense reimbursements
- Competitive compensation + equity grants for all employees
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Monthly allowance for cell phone + internet + wellness
- 100% Paid 12-week parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Variety of insurance coverage for people (and pets!)
- Continuing education and professional certification reimbursement
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.