Vice President, Construction
Brightcore Energy provides end-to-end energy efficiency and clean energy measures to commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. We have the intellectual and financial capital to develop, implement, fund, and maintain clean energy solutions. Our diverse solutions range from lighting and other energy efficiencies to renewable energy solutions such as solar, battery storage and geothermal. Brightcore Energy provides our clients with immediate cost savings and revenue potential without the need for any capital investment. We are about Building Energy Performance.
This individual will be responsible for the management and oversight of constructing our project portfolio on schedule and on budget while maintaining our high standards of safety and customer service. Further, this position will also be involved with both the Engineering and Construction groups in the successful delivery of projects. This individual will be responsible for providing technical and strategic leadership for the company, our business units, our key partners, and our staff. The VP is responsible for collaborating with industry partners and suppliers to provide resources and technical skills required to achieve successful outcomes across the project pipeline. This role will require a depth of technical and development experience, a firm understanding of our markets, experience with financing and asset ownership, and the ability to bridge commercial drivers and technical considerations. The position will report to the co-Chief Executive Officer.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure adherence to project estimates, schedules, and delivery milestones in accordance with best practices.
- Implement systems and processes and policies and procedures to continuously improve efficiency and quality of overall project delivery.
- Routinely walk through projects, evaluate quality, and progress, and engage with employees to promote morale while enforcing the company’s vision and goals.
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members.
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision making to assure project success.
- Oversee and manage issue resolution to protect the interest of the organization.
- Drive a performance-based culture through the definition of, measurement of, and accountability to key performance indicators.
- Oversee day to day operations of assigned projects.
- Establish and implement project objective and procedures.
- Manage contract administration including terms, change requests, invoices, and progress payments, etc.
- Maintain project budgets, schedule, costs, and pricing, ensuring delivery of a profitable project.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, strong academic record and STEM degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of business development experience with complex, clean energy solutions in the commercial and industrial marketplace.
- Passion for the sustainable energy industry and for business development.
- Track record of attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding talent into a high-performance team that scales quickly.
- Self-motivated and excited to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with organizational leadership to build consensus around strategy and tactics.
- Superior work ethic and attention to detail.
This position has supervisory responsibility.
Expected Hours of Work:
An employee of Brightcore must work a minimum of thirty (30) hours each week to maintain full-time status for benefits purposes, however the expectations of the position will require an average of forty (40) hours with overtime required as scheduled.
Travel Required up to 25% within the Northeast.
Office & Industrial setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a safety sensitive position.
This job description provides a general overview of the expectations and basic duties of the job and is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. Brightcore will assign additional duties and tasks that it deems necessary to meet the requirements of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a hybrid role based in Armonk, NY. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Office/Remote Work Guidelines
Recognizing the success of remote work, Brightcore operates in a hybrid model. Eligible employees will have the option to work remotely for two (2) days per week at their discretion, with final approval by their direct supervisor. This policy is subject to change at Brightcore's discretion.
Brightcore Health Benefits Overview
Brightcore offers a full slate of medical, dental, and vision benefits including options to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Brightcore currently offers both traditional and Roth 401k plans with a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 3% of contributions and $0.50 on the next 2% for a total potential match of 4% annually.
Other Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Financial Wellness Benefits
- Benefit Concierge Program through Health Advocate
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program
- Disability, Life, & AD&D Benefits
- Access to Marketplace for Discounted Goods & Services
Brightcore Energy is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives.
Brightcore Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Brightcore Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all aspects of employment, including job assignment and compensation.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This job description provides a general overview of the expectations and basic duties of the job and is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. Brightcore Energy will assign additional duties and tasks that it deems necessary to meet the requirements of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.