Vice President, Communications
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
On Location, a division of Endeavor, is seeking a Vice President to build the profile of the On Location brand and its portfolio of consumer experiences in sports, music, and fashion to consumers through strategic media placements.
You should be an enthusiastic, strategic, and tactical communications professional, with a background in public relations and completely plugged into the entertainment and lifestyle ecosystem. You thrive on accessing your network of producers, writers, and talent bookers to create meaningful and relevant coverage for our clients and brands. You must be willing to do the work, possess exceptional relationship-building skills and multi-task with the ability to prioritize and focus. You have an appreciation for the business of sports, entertainment and fashion, a curiosity for the world-at-large, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You love a good challenge and aren’t afraid to take creative risks to achieve your goals.
- Develop impactful consumer media strategies with a focus on entertainment, sports and fashion
- Remain engaged and attuned to the consumer media landscape, actively seeking new contacts, and making connections with new media outlets/platforms
- Collaborate with the broader Endeavor Communications team across verticals and geographies to maximize consumer press and identify and execute opportunities to elevate the On Location brand among business press
- Work alongside On Location’s rightsholder partners to develop complementary press initiatives and maximize event coverage
- Manage RFP processes where applicable as well as agencies on boarded to assist with PR efforts
- Support On Location and Endeavor’s media coverage diversity and inclusion initiative by being thoughtful and intentional in media outreach
- Craft memos, press releases, pitches, and other PR materials
- Experience in entertainment and lifestyle PR at an agency or substantial in-house brand
- Ability to instantly tap into your network and access influential producers, writers, and talent bookers at all of the major entertainment studios, networks, daytime shows, night time shows, and print and digital news outlets
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Ability to manage multiple projects/clients
- Successful track record of high-impact media placements
- Exceptional writing and story-telling skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across verticals and geography
- Proven efficiency and success in both managing agencies as well as securing media placement directly with press
- Senior level experience in a communications role (10+ years experience preferred)
As the leading experiences company in the world, we strive to be the most innovative and passionate — the best of the best. We uphold these values in our quest for excellence:
- Exceed all service expectations with our customers, our partners, and each other.
- Create value by enriching people's lives.
- Do the right thing and bring others along with us — always.
- Propel the power of diversity, in thought, team and experience.
- Partner to generate win-win solutions.
- Ignite and empower our team's entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exude respect and gratitude — treat others as you would want to be treated.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.