The US Information Solutions Communications Leader is an active member of the extended USIS Leadership Team, advising the $1.4B+ business unit on critical external and internal communications trends and needs in addition to attending USIS LT engagements. This individual plays a hands-on role in the design and execution of a results-oriented and holistic strategic communications program that advances USIS’ reputation, broadens awareness and increases the visibility across external stakeholder audiences including customers, analysts, and media outlets. In addition, this individual designs and leads the execution of USIS’ internal communications strategy including executive communications. The USIS Communications Leader reports directly to the USIS Chief Marketing Officer.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The perks of being an Equifax employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You'll Do:
- Design and manage a robust and holistic communications program to position USIS as an industry leader
- Provide ongoing executive communications counsel to USIS Leadership Team; creating awareness of external industry communications, providing updates on progress and advising on approach for current and future communications opportunities
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications, International, Workforce Solutions, and Global Consumer business units to ensure USIS external communications are aligned across the organization
- Build and lead a team of internal and external communications and analyst relations resources who implement and inform the USIS strategic communications program
- Serve as USIS primary contact for top-tier media relations, including proactive announcements, drafting and publishing press releases, handling media inquiries and ongoing campaigns
- Leverage data and results to inform BU approach and make recommendations to inform future communications strategies
- Lead USIS’ data-driven communications efforts, working closely with Product and the Data & Analytics teams to showcase differentiated data assets in outbound communications
- Support crisis/reactive communications as-needed, driving customer, media and other stakeholder communications as required
- Promote a high performance culture built on teamwork, trust and a commitment to quality, continuous improvement, and learning
- Manage and inform communications budget for external agencies and other contract resources who support external communications and PR activities; monitor and recommend best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field or business
- 15+ years of experience in corporate communications and public relations with FI and Technology industry experience highly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the development of communications strategies in support of reputation, media relations, stakeholder relationship-building and crisis/issue management
- 10+ years of experience managing and partnering with external agencies and consultants, managing and mentoring teams, and leading communications in times of change, including growth, integration and business transformation
Extra points for the following:
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to work across a highly matrixed organization to generate strong business outcomes
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high-quality results
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and handle ambiguity
- Exceptional customer focus and unwavering integrity
- An analytic and strategic approach with a track record of turning ideas into successful action
- Strong leadership skills with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Attributes of a successful Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today - we’re looking for you!
Function - Marketing