Vice President, Commercial Disease
Janssen Global Services, LLC a company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Vice President, Commercial Disease Area Strategy (DAS) Leader, Auto-Antibody, located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Global Commercial Disease Area Strategy (DAS) Leader, Auto-Antibody, has integrated end-to-end accountability for maximizing the health impact and value of the auto-antibody portfolio and pipeline. Working in close collaboration with her/his R&D and functional counterparts, this leader will:
CREATE THE FUTURE (co-leadership with R&D DAS Leader):
- Create the short- and long-range, end-to-end strategy for the disease area.
- Direct and align portfolio strategy and implementation decisions with the disease area strategy and manage the quality of the portfolio to execute against the Janssen goals.
- Lead the business development strategy, provide commercial expertise to support licensing and acquisition activities, and lead forecasting and value opportunity identification for programs across the portfolio.
- Identify transformational strategies in select new spaces that align with the disease area stronghold (biomarkers, diagnostics, etc.)
LEAD & DELIVER THE PRESENT:
- Build a deep understanding of the disease areas under accountability, and lead the organization to impact-maximizing decisions for product, program, and portfolio development
- Maximize the value of assets and develop/implements successful global brands and launches.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. R&D, Regional Commerical Teams, Medical Affairs and Market Access Peers and Partners, etc.) to lead and facilitate portfolio and pipeline decision-making.
- Partner with regional leadership to build a winning global commercial strategy and secure exceptional implementation.
- Effectively navigate the J&J network, leverage relationships and credibility to advocate for DAS and PAS positions, and influence key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Evaluate external markets to identify opportunities to grow the portfolio.
- Manage a team of strategic commercial and analytics professionals to develop deep commercial insights, and ensure execution is aligned to strategy.
- Accountable for attracting and developing top talent, and advancing GCSO talent agenda
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years related business experience is required.
- Broad based commercial experience, including direct accountability for revenue and/or P&L delivery is required; pharmaceutical sector preferred.
- Experience in the Immunology therapeutic area is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to successfully work across functional and geographic boundaries, preferably across multiple countries/market types/access models is required.
- Deep appreciation of science; ability to translate between unmet medical needs, actionable science, and commercial strategy is required.
- Demonstrated high learning agility in new subject areas is required.
- Strong ability to lead, direct, and critically assess quantitative business analyses
- Exceptional business acumen and familiarity with/ability to leverage integrated business analytics tools is a must.
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated learning agility to acquire a basic understanding of, immunology science, and the ability to effectively influence portfolio strategies based on insights and foresights to future scientific direction in immunology is required
- Understanding of Pharma R&D process OR demonstrated ability to lean in high innovation environments is required
- Proven strategic thinking and strategic commercial skills across product and lifecycle is required
- Successful track record in leading and/or managing across multiple functions (sales and marketing, medical affairs, analytics, market access, business development, operations and supply chain) is required
- Demonstrated success effectively managing resources and investments to maximize impact, including facility in leading teams to strong business and portfolio recommendations based on sound, insightful, qualitative and quantitative decision-making approaches and tools is required.
- Global experience is preferred.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and create new markets is required.
This position requires up to 30% travel (Domestic and International).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.