Vice President, Cloud Sales
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Vice President (VP), Cloud Sales joining our team to support our Cloud, Data, Managed services, and Digital Transformation Business Unit. This position provides an exciting opportunity for you to play a leadership role at Smartronix and apply the breadth of resources available in our new organization to critical technology and mission challenges. Specific focus will be on the public sector spanning Fedciv, DoD, IC and into State government with exposure in regulated commercial industries.
The breadth of our portfolio and the scale of our $1B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands.
You should have a proven record of successfully growing business on large and strategic opportunities, and an ability to work collaboratively as part of the larger Federal Health Growth organization. A demonstrated customer intimacy and in particular, an understanding of the strategic direction for federal, state, and regulated industries is important
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Collaborate with market P&L customer divisions to drive new business wins through industry leading best practice to gain customer intimacy by understanding requirements and proposing innovative solutions and winning value propositions that support their mission
- Heavy focus on hands on driving and coordinating new sales opportunities across all business divisions, leading winning proposal efforts, and supporting tracking of key business development metrics and reporting through salesforce, govwin etc and other related tools.
- Manage business development across target markets with primary focus on federal agencies across all phases of opportunity identification, capture, proposal to include hands on driving wins.
- Lead and manage strategic capture and business development for opportunities in the pipeline
- Hands on ownership in developing winning proposals throughout entire process and comfortable in both individual contributor and team leader roles spanning matrix support of P&L operating divisions
- Creative business solutions to meet customer requirements across diverse technologies, delivery and pricing models
- Experience working with leading technology providers including AWS, Microsoft and leading edge platforms and technologies
- Establish and maintain C-level relationships across the target portfolio to include customer, partner, and industry organizations
- Leverage existing relationships to: (1) enhance execution and support organic growth across strategic programs (2) Identify and qualify new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 20+ years of hands-on experience in Federal Sales, and Business Development with exposure to state and regulated industries
- Extensive background growing the business focused on professional and IT and managed services with experience in our Cloud, Data, Managed services, and Digital Transformation
- Demonstrated customer intimacy and experience growing federal business
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance and/or Public Trust.
Vaccination is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042. If a candidate is not vaccinated, he or she may request an accommodation once offered the position. The accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. He or she will have 60 days to get vaccinated.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.