Vice President, Business Development
Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Our successful sales professionals are excited about connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities. They love the thrill of the hunt and closing the deal. As the Vice President, Business Development – Chemical, Oil and Gas, you will ensure our core business is maintained while continuing to uncover and secure new business. Become a part of our rapidly-growing dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop and implement new sales strategies across the organization
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team
- Drive value-creating insights, recommendations and solutions across multiple projects
- Communicate with senior executives to develop and implement selected courses of action
- Diversify and grow the revenue base and ensure viable options are in place for the long term
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work or military experience
- 10 years of business development or sales experience in contract logistics or distribution
- Demonstrated executive-level sales leadership experience
- Success in selling 3PL services to the Chemical or Oil and Gas industry
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline of prospects and multiple business development proposals
It’d be great if you also have:
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.