Vice President, Brand, Communications
Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As the VP, HR Consulting you will lead a team of HR Consultants and will be responsible for planning and implementing strategies relating to talent management, team member engagement, workforce planning, process improvement, and change implementation.
Working directly with our Chief Brand Officer and Senior Leaders in the Brands, Communications, and Hilton Supply Management Functions, you will build robust strategic partnerships; pursue in-depth business knowledge, and facilitate cross-functional teams to drive solution-based responses to client needs. You will provide critical input in the development of business strategy by assessing risks and rewards and the strengths and constraints of the organization.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Aligning HR strategy and processes with the business's strategic and operating goals.
- Crafting short and long-term function-level HR strategies and initiatives to drive business priorities and promote unified company culture.
- Building focused organizational development plans with your business partners, including leadership succession planning, workforce planning, talent management, retention strategy, performance management, compensation, and organizational design.
- Applying HR planning models to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps and running programs to fill gaps and build a strong talent pool.
- Supporting your key clients regarding organizational structure or job changes, and making recommendations to ensure consistency for position descriptions, compensation, etc.
- Inspiring a strong culture of accountability and results orientation.
- Leading the rollout of core industry-leading HR programs for your internal clients, ensuring full awareness, and providing necessary education as needed.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to Executive level leadership, helping to navigate talent and HR decisions.
- Lead your HR team, building organizational capability and effectiveness; directly and indirectly leading and mentoring team members, running various projects in support of the enterprise.
- Collaborating with other members of the Global HR team to ensure optimal internal client service and assisting with the management of other HR Consultants as needed or required.
- Partner with Legal and Finance departments and (where necessary) governmental agencies to mitigate risk and maintain compliance on all governance-related matters.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent critical thinking, combined with both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, while employing sound judgment, logic, and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or proposals to problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including articulating sophisticated analytical topics to a wide audience, who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
- Ability to stay calm and effective while handling multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizing responsibilities
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to work internally across all teams as well as externally with partners and vendors
- Proven success in a highly visible Executive level or C-suite support role which requires sound judgment, strong and tested leadership skills, and significant experience in a constantly evolving, dynamic organization
- Dedicated self-starter, who takes initiative with minimal direction and understands concepts quickly
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Problem solver, who tackles issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Fifteen (15) years of professional experience working in a global, corporate, and matrix environment
- Prior experience as a Senior HR Business Partner
- Eight (8) years leading diverse teams at a Director or above level
- Five (5) years of experience directly advising Senior Executive Leadership
- Experience presenting to Senior Business Leaders and related Centers of Excellence leaders
- Ability to travel as needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelors Degree
- Broad global understanding of relevant employment legislation
- Prior experience that includes a deep understanding of financials, reconciliation, and forecasting, as well as risk and compliance
- Experience with Oracle
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.