FigmaSan Francisco, CA - New York, NY - Remote, US19 days ago
Hi writer! It’s us, Figma.
We’re looking for a senior UX Writer to bring humanity and clarity to Figma’s interface. You’ll be half (!) of our product writing team, overseeing a vast, wordy realm that includes most of the copy in Figma’s core design and prototyping tools.
You’ll work on the product design team, collaborating closely with designers and people all across the company. You’ll lead feature-naming brainstorms with product managers, puzzle out error messages with engineers, and test your tooltips with researchers. Along the way, you’ll shape Figma’s voice and create resources that make everyone at Figma a better writer.
What you’ll do
- Own product copy and content strategy for Figma’s editor experience, including our UI design and prototyping tools, design systems, and APIs
- Lead feature-naming work in your areas and ensure terminology is clear and conversational
- Participate in critiques, sharing work and giving feedback on visual and interaction design
- Improve and document the UX Writing team’s process
- Craft UX copy guidelines, contribute to the company-wide style guide, and help build a strong culture of writing at Figma
- Foster conversations with the broader content design community and find ways to make Figma more useful for writers
What we value
- 4+ years experience writing interface copy (settings, menus, tooltips, dialogs, etc.)
- An enthusiasm for translating very technical products into human terms
- A proactive, outgoing approach to building relationships with other teams
- Deep familiarity with writing conventions for web, desktop, and mobile apps
- The ability to move quickly, while also thinking about the right details
- Experience using data and user research to guide writing decisions
- Great product thinking, and the confidence to advocate for design changes when needed
- Familiarity with design tools like Figma or Sketch
Sound like you? Let’s talk! Please send some examples of your UX writing work, including things like settings, menus, tooltips, errors, buttons, and dialogs.