What we're looking for
The Khoros Community Experience Group (CXG) Designer candidate is a creative thinker and practiced technical designer who not only ideates well within constraints, but knows the devil is in the details and obsesses over perfection. The person in this role focuses on carrying ideation through execution, and when they carry work over the finish line, they take pride in its uncompromising quality. The right someone isn't content to be a pixel pusher -- they're a designer who wants to practice true design: ideate, make, learn, and iterate.
Our design team is passionate about Human-Centered Design, and our work primarily focuses on customizing the Khoros Community product, enabling the world's top brands to forge relationships directly with their customers. The right person will ramp up quickly on the product capabilities and constraints, put their skills to work, and pick up loads more along the way.
- Get to know our Community product inside and out. Develop a thorough working knowledge of its capabilities and constraints.
- Execute design research activities such as heuristic analyses, competitive audits and assessments.
- Learn to apply customer branding to our out-of-the-box product.
- Design UX deliverables such as personas, journey maps, and customer-facing presentations.
- Write thorough documentation for a variety of purposes.
- Interface with developers for feasibility checks and QA.
- Learn to use and maintain the CXG Design Library.
- Be the CXG expert in all facets of production design best practises - interaction design, visual design, and inclusive design.
- 3-5 years experience with a primary and secondary skill set in any of the following practice areas: interaction design, visual design, inclusive (accessibility / A11y) design, prototyping, UX research
- Solid command of Sketch. Bonus: experience using Abstract, Marvel, and/or Figma.
- A solid grasp of CSS and HTML, and a history of interfacing with developers.
- Impeccable craft and uncompromising attention to detail. One might say, a perfectionist.
- Bonus: Previous exposure to a Community like ecosystem; experience working with Design Systems; creating prototypes; assisting with research; familiarity with Design Sprinting.
- Has a growth mindset - a thirst to experiment, learn through doing, and embrace feedback.
This role is budgeted in the $90k- 110k salary range along with a 10% annual bonus. Salary and bonus will ultimately be based on a candidate’s experience and external market factors.