UX Design Manager
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
About the Job:
CHANEL US is looking for a self-starter and passionate Manager, UX Design to continue to elevate the luxurious experience of its clients on chanel.com and with other forms of digital communication.
The UX Design Manager will join a community of intrapreneurs whose passion is to test new ideas and designs on chanel.com to engage our clients in an intuitive and luxurious way.
Our ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant experience, a passion for purposeful and elevated E-Commerce, and be open to using the design codes of the House to achieve a harmonious and luxurious online experience. Lastly, our candidate must be team player and relationship builder as this role reports and works with different teams in the US and France.
- Be the leading voice on UX/UI design and cultivate a deep understanding of the brand’s existing client experience as well as the UI style guide to ensure future site iterations have a cohesive and consistent execution across all digital platforms including site, search and email.
- Provide design support for site maintenance, email and special projects as needed to the U.S. Artistic Direction team.
- Site communication on chanel.com US
- Present evolving and innovative UX and digital design trends and ways they could apply to chanel.com site and emails.
- Support traffic acquisition, merchandising and content engagement on chanel.com by identifying user pain points and present solutions through the presentation of user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Investigate opportunities where personalization on the site and in email can be utilized to create a more tailored experience for various types of U.S. e-commerce clients.
- UX A/B testing Research Program on chanel.com/us
- Ideate to improve client engagement and conversion on chanel.com with the Experience Researcher and Experience Strategist using analytical data
- Propose nimble UX design changes and maintain a pipeline of proposal designs on E-Commerce components (example: Product List Pages, Product Detail Pages, Checkout Pages, Navigation Menu)
- Bring changing UX and device trends into proposals
- Benchmark ideas and proposals against other web sites or recent studies
- Create prototypes and/or mockups required for validation and implement of each UX change
- Partner with Global Responsible & WebDesign teams to obtain feedback and validation of UX changes
- Create, own, and test UX changes JIRA tickets in partnership with the technology team
- Provide context and interpretation of UX change test results as part of their analysis
Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite; Figma or Sketch; Invision, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Leadership: drive design ideas end to end and rally support for them
- Data literacy: use engagement & conversation metrics and UX behavior metrics/ heatmaps
- Creative problem solving; propose solutions to problems identified by teams, data, or clients
- Communication: communicate and negotiate ideas and designs
- Open-mindedness: receive feedback and embrace design codes required by a luxury House
- Relationship building; report into several teams with different priorities and goals, all needed in the design creation, approval and implementation processes
- Process oriented: comfortable with a ticketing tool, following a design lifecycle from idea, to validation, to implementation, to measuring results
- Knowledgeable in interface design, interaction design, information architecture, visual design and accessibility standards.
- Ability to maintain a library of design systems and styles across various digital platforms to maintain a consistent and coherent design experience
- Skills in basic coding for site and app development, an understanding of CMS platforms, and experience tracking and QA’ing projects through JIRA is preferred
- Experience in Fragrance, Beauty, Fashion and/or a luxury brand is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
The anticipated base salary range is $64,200 to $145,000. Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other components [may/will] include additional compensation, benefits, and perks.
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy, and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organization and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay [may/will be] offered for this position
Benefits and Perks
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.