University Recruitment Manager
The University Recruitment Manager is responsible for driving projects and programs that help attract top talent to Perry Ellis International. This person will play a key role in building, executing, and managing the college internship program. This includes building and strengthening relationships with select colleges and universities, increasing brand awareness on campus as well as growing current and future candidate pipelines. The Program Manager will also build and execute the strategy to integrate emerging talent into entry level roles. In addition, the Program Manager will also take the lead on employment branding initiatives and identify ways to elevate the overall candidate experience. This role would partner with the VP of HR on the management and oversight of Immigration and relocation programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage full cycle recruitment for multi-site organization to include: phone screens, in-person interviews, scheduling, job posting, writing job descriptions, and screening resumes, administering skills and/or tests, extending offers and follow-up with hires on offer, conducting background and reference checks and assisting with new hire employee on-boarding.
- Utilizing standard, creative and cutting edge sourcing strategies, identifying top talent and qualified candidates through all online sources including, Existing Pipeline, Indeed, Monster, CareerBuilder, Style-Careers and LinkedIn.
- Manage current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system to include approval from all parties. Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
- Develop and maintain significant relationships through constant communication with the manager and candidate to ensure timeliness of the recruitment process. Provide relevant recommendations to the hiring manager.
- Work closely with HR partners and outside counsel, to stay well-schooled in immigration policies and to ensure compliance in the recruiting process.
- Maintain contact with external recruitment agencies and temporary staffing firms as needed.
- Manage Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
- Work with the hiring manager (s) to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Train and develop hiring managers on recruiting and interviewing skills and best practices.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of PEI’s employment benefits, compensation and bonus plans and can present them to the candidates.
- Drive & maintain a high standard of brand representation as it relates to recruitment events and our hiring processes.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding and ability to recruit all levels of the organization from entry level to executive positions.
- Knowledge and application of recruitment/placement laws, compensation, benefit laws and best practices.
- Working knowledge in Google docs, sheets and slides.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and relationship management skills.
- Prior project based experience and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Must have experience in mapping and sourcing resumes from all sources.
- Strong vendor manager skills related to recruitment activities such as search firms and job boards.
- 3+ years of Staffing/Recruitment experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a strong sense of urgency and follow-up skills.
- Heavy sourcing and hands-on experience filling challenging roles including identifying passive candidates from mid-level managers to senior executives.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing employment policies and practices.
- Utilizing social media to source and attract top talent for the organization.
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems, Taleo preferred.
- Must be flexible with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.