Trust & Safety Communications Manager
We're looking for a creative communicator who is passionate about community health & safety and has a track record of telling compelling and complex stories to lead our Trust and Safety communications. You will be responsible for developing key messaging and narratives, and identifying storytelling opportunities to build awareness of Twitch's policies, products and milestones to many different audiences, including our community and press.
You'll work closely with several teams internally, including marketing, policy, product, safety operations and our global communications team (of which you will be a part) to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new policies and products, communicate updates, and keep our community informed on our safety efforts. You'll assist in responding to safety-related inquiries, handle crises and issues as they emerge, and become deeply ingrained in the Twitch community to develop integrated campaigns that educate and build advocacy.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller with experience working on social or interactive services. You are thoughtful and proactive, and can distill complex concepts into easily understood language. You have the ability to spot issues before they happen, can quickly and easily build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders, think and work cross-functionally, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Most importantly, you are enthusiastic about the Twitch community and are eager to tell our safety story.
This position reports to the Head of Communications for the Americas and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Develop and amplify safety narratives and communications around important products, policies, and milestones
- Identify opportunities to engage streamers and viewers through creative programming to build an understanding of Twitch's safety work
- Establish a deep understanding of Twitch's community, policies, and products, and tell stories that translate those concepts to broad audiences
- Engage with important media and other important external partners to provide an understanding of our work
- Create the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Help manage company responses for crisis and emerging issues, working across Twitch to create messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- 6+ years of public relations experience in-house or at an agency
- Experience with Trust & Safety or Policy, as well as crisis comms
- Established relationships with a broad range of U.S. tech and business media
- Ability to work globally and cross-functionally, with sound business judgment in fast-paced and ambiguous situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort being a company spokesperson
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience at a high-growth technology company
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $99,720 - $121,880 yr and in New York City is $109,710 - $134,090 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.