Auxly is currently looking for an Transportation Planner to join our team in Leamington, ON. Reporting to the Lead-Transportation Planner, the ideal candidate aspires to work in the growing cannabis field with an award-winning team!
The Transportation Planner will assist in planning, optimizing, booking, monitoring and auditing key freight flows among Auxly Charlottetown’s supply partners, customers and other facilities as needed. To achieve this, they will work cross-functionally with Operations, Supply partners, our Transport Carrier and Supply Chain, to maintain processes, reporting and key relationships. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is aligned with Auxly’s core values and business strategy.
What can you expect to do?
- Maintain a tracker of all upcoming freight needs across Auxly’s domestic / North American supply base and customers.
- Enhance carrier utilization while maintaining customer requirements for service and on-time deliveries via freight optimization, include consolidation, aggregation.
- Spot-quoting freight service needs as well as arranging freight movements via established rates and lanes on file.
- Assist the Supply Chain team in conducting freight spend analysis versus contracted rates and suggesting improvement recommendations.
- Be the key Auxly Charlottetown point of contact on any Auxly Charlottetown-related freight inquiries.
- Maintain and help in the analysis of Auxly freight related reporting, and KPI’s.
- Develop positive relationships with partner carriers and freight forwarders
- Work on various improvement projects and initiatives within the Supply Chain department.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in Canadian, cross-border and international logistics
- Previous working experience collaborating crosss-departmentally in an organization and with external stakeholders.
- Solid working understanding of end-to-end Logistics / Transportation management.
- Completion of a post-secondary program or diploma in Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management
- Data analysis skills, coupled with demonstrated attention to detail and a focus on accurate results.
- Must have a can-do attitude and understand that the nature of logistics means emergencies means accessibility outside of typical working hours will occasionally be expected.
- Advanced computer skills - specifically MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Sage) and reporting is an asset.
- Knowledge of TMS (Transport Management System) is an asset.
- Detail oriented and the ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all teams, areas and levels.
- Must work well under pressure, and adhere to timelines, while prioritizing workload.
- Minimal national travel expectations – Less than 10%.
How we hire
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.