Trade Events & Program Specialist
Lead event strategy, planning, execution and follow-up for events and programs supporting the Travel Agent distribution channel and Global Sales and Trade Marketing team of Carnival Cruise Line. The goal of such events is to drive product education, engagement and satisfaction among Travel Agents with Carnival Cruise Lines. For Sales Team events, the goal is to drive knowledge that improves sales effectiveness/efficiency and to improve employee engagement/satisfaction. Events vary by year and may include tradeshows, partner conferences, inaugural ship events, familiarization cruise programs, local city roadshows and virtual webinars. The event specialist typically oversees 50+ events per year.
- Develop and execute End-to-End program strategy for all events under supervision. Define guiding principles, participation criterion, communication strategy, rollout timeline etc.
- Lead end-to-end program planning for trade sales events assigned. Act as program manager and establish comprehensive project plans to insure flawless execution. Create plans for all event activities including planning, scheduling, and approval of food and beverage processes related to assigned events, planning agendas for event activities, organizing giveaways and promotional activities including selection, purchase/negotiation process, shipping and fulfillment management.
- Negotiate with hotels/venues and other vendors (for Shoreside events) and Shipboard teams (for Shipboard events). Lead price negotiation for all events including A/V, Banquet, F&B, rooms, collateral, transportations, restaurants, entertainment and others as necessary. Work with Sr. Manager to develop and finalize contract between vendor and Carnival. Handle all advance preparation and onsite event logistics for shipboard and/or hotel planning including communications, scheduling, and event mechanics; Lead the planning and execution of Trade Sales attendance at Events throughout the year.
- Manage and track individual event budgets; Creates budget documents and shares with team leaders. Approve and optimize expenses within budget to deliver exceptional events.
- Manage tracking of all trade sales group requests for ship inspections, familiarization cruises, and inaugural events.
- Develop full presentations for events and work with senior executives to gather content, modify and version as necessary for various audience groups. Understand business operations adequately to write presentation content for various guest speakers.
- Lead onsite event/program execution. Manage all vendors and support program components and that all content is delivered to the audience as planned in the project plan.
- Manage communications process with invited participants for events under Specialist’s management. Includes management of invitation, RSVP, pre-event, and post-event communications.
- Lead post-event follow-up activities including project management of all action items/Q&A from events etc.
- Execute other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education/Major: Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality
- Required Years and Area of Professional Experience: 3+ years.
- Critical Professional Related Technical/Computer Skills: Excellent skills in MS PowerPoint and MS Word, proficient in MS Excel.
- Preferred Experience and Type: Knowledge of cruise industry preferred. Experience working with sales teams valuable.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Proven experience in leading planning through execution stages of large-scale events. Strong project management skills. Creative and innovative thinker. Highly detail oriented. Ability to manage multiple concurrent and demanding projects. Ability and comfort working with senior executives. Comfort in fast-paced, dynamic environments. Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. Passion for success with a willingness to learn. Ability to make sound decisions, at moments with conflicting time demands.
The range for this role’s base salary is $51,600 - $75,300.Offers to selected candidates will be made on a fair and equitable basis, taking into account specific job-related skills and experience.
At Carnival, your total rewards package is much more than your base salary. All non-sales roles participate in an annual cash bonus program, while sales roles have an incentive plan. Management roles are also eligible for an additional vesting equity plan. Plus, Carnival provides comprehensive and innovative benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Cost-effective medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program and other mental health resources
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
Paid Time Off
- Holidays – All full-time and part-time with benefits employees receive days off for 7 company-wide holidays, plus an additional floating holiday to be taken at the employee’s discretion.
- Vacation Time – All full-time employees at the manager and below level start with 14 days/year; director and above level start with 19 days/year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 84 hours/year. All employees gain additional vacation time with further tenure.
- Sick Time – All full-time employees receive 80 hours of sick time each year. Part-time with benefits employees receive time off based on the number of hours they work, with a minimum of 60 hours each year.
- Complementary stand-by cruises, employee discounts on confirmed cruises, plus special rates for family and friends
- Personal and professional learning and development resources including tuition reimbursement
- On-site preschool program, wellness center, and health clinic at our Miami campus