Textile Design: Graphic Designer + Print
TargetMinneapolis, MN18 days ago
As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for owning design and development of trend right graphics, prints and patterns that achieve overall design, brand and assortment strategy for a Target business. Integrating both hand and computer skills, you will create original artwork exclusive to Target that achieves the overall creative objective. In collaboration with both internal and external partners, you will exchange ideas, leverage expertise, streamline the textile design process, and ensure products are executable and meet set price points while identifying and resolving any issues that may occur. You will stay abreast of benchmarks and trends through regular research and sources of inspiration to identify recurring patterns and translate inspiration into a saleable trend. In addition, you will actively participate in creating and presenting art trend and concepts to Design and Merchant partners. Critical to the role is staying current with the latest style, graphic, industry, and technology trends and demonstrate application to projects. Ability to flex graphic styles depending on brand DNA a plus.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree in Textile Design, Graphic Design, Fine Art or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of textile (or graphic) design experience and solid proficiency/expertise within graphic design within the textile industry.
- Advanced proficiency in Photoshop/Illustrator and InDesign Desired proficiency in Nedgraphics and other design software.
- Collaborates with the creative teams on concepts and layout revisions.
- Executes projects by designing and overseeing execution in collaboration with Sr. Textile Designer & Director
- Supports Sr. Textile Designer on designing into supporting print stories that relate to macro themes.
- Stays current with latest industry, style and graphic trends, and fashion trends.
- Strong color sense and pattern merchandising ability
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines
- Works well under pressure
- Current and evolving sense of design with ability to drive newness in category
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to be an effective team player and manage relationships with team and key business partners
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.