Territory Sales Representative
New York, NY
- Achieve all sales performance goals and objectives for geographical assignment (New York)
- Distribute samples and record sample transactions in accordance with state regulations and OCM guidelines
- Planning event details such as activation periods, promotional flyers, and creative campaigns may be essential to the role
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with licensed cannabis retailers and lounges in New York state.
- Engage interpersonally with the retailer teams and connect with all assigned retailers weekly
- Provide support to executive leadership ad hoc
- Handle sales and distribution within a given geography, including merchandising as needed
- Responsibly sell company brands to retail partners including promotions, new brands, inventory management, and pricing strategies
- Consult, advise, and engage with retail partners on category management and business analytics to help improve the performance of their business
- Develop innovative ways to improve business performance through data analysis, brand marketing, product placement, and purposeful planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Supports our distributor with timely and consistent information and asset flow
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Hubspot/Salesforce) and Google Docs
- Ability to adhere to and perform well under a metric-driven environment
What We’re Looking For
- BA or a minimum of 3 years experience in the cannabis industry or equivalent industry. Pharmaceutical or smoke-shop/convenience store sales are a plus!
- Must be able to pass Motor Vehicle Report requirements.
- Must own vehicle
- Self-managed and able to think independently
- Extremely organized with keen attention to detail, quick responder, able to multitask
- Must have documented track record of success in sales which includes: Consistently meeting or exceeding territory performance goals **no exceptions on this - MUST have documentation/brag bag with your sales achievements
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment: Assertive with strong follow-through and a knack for identifying potential problems & providing creative solutions
- Passionate about the plant. No exceptions!
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary($70,000-$80,000 base) with a strong commission plan along with additional bonuses based on performance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees
- PTO and annual 2-week vacation