Territory Sales Manager, Southern California
PAX LabsLos Angeles or San Diego20 days ago
At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
PAX Labs is seeking a dynamic individual as an addition to our sales team. Applicants must be driven to succeed, able to overcome objections using informed selling, and skilled at using creative solutions to address challenges. If you are an energized and an engaged self-starter looking for an opportunity to excel and grow within an exciting company, which is at the cutting edge of product design and technology, we’d like to meet you.
This is a field sales role. You will be working remotely while reporting and working with the team at HQ in San Francisco. Your territory will cover the greater Los Angeles and San Diego area. Some driving will be required.
Drives sales execution standards to include:
- Be responsible for account (dispensary/distributor) relationships, product assortment, execution of PAX Labs sales and merchandising standards and all product training.
- Meet and strive to exceed company and individual sales specific goals
- Develop and drive programs that move product as well as drive new and existing points of sales distribution
- Deepen existing business relationships by continuing to increase account satisfaction
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and work with PLI HQ to ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing
- Weekly activity and program recaps
Support distributor and retail management through:
- Identification of market opportunities and trends in your territory
- Ensure targeted distribution and retail price management
- Visibility – Support POS Placement/ Shelf Management programs (merchandising solutions are created by the PLI marketing team in San Francisco HQ)
- Consumer Focused Promotional activity (Retail)
- Retailer Education
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3–5 years experience in CPG with DSD and 3 tier understanding
- Cannabis experience is not required, but preferred
- Technically proficient with CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Comfortable presenting
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and still meet deadlines
- Must be innovative with a creative way of thinking
- Must always strive to exceed expectations
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- A collaborative self starter who is willing to work hard, look for solutions and be proactive
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Must be more than comfortable speaking to and in dispensaries, cannabis trade shows, and other cannabis events
- Able to create, manage and build professional relationships and rapport
- Must have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Consumers First - We put consumers first in all our objectives, designs, and discussions. Our goal is to improve their lives, to deliver unique solutions for them and to create for their benefit.
Innovate - We make cannabis easy and intuitive. Innovating for consumers and finding the yes is everyone’s responsibility. We do so with excellence and speed to market as our lifeblood.
Community - We are active, collaborative and beneficial builders of a global community. We support health, wellness and social justice efforts as a force for good.
Contribute - We each individually own the solution, and drive for winning outcomes.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.