Territory Sales Manager
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.Thales is currently looking for a Territory Sales Manager working remotely in the Great Lakes region. As a Territory Sales Manager, you will be part of a leader in data protection services. We secure 80% of the world’s financial data and are the largest encryption and key management company in the world.
Responsible for managing a territory and maximizing revenue for Thales products. Tasked with detecting and creating new opportunities for assigned region as well as generating accurate and realistic sales forecasts. The TSM is expected to deliver consistent revenue performance, as well as growth, and will need to opportunistically look at the market for breakout revenue opportunities. Revenue responsibility can range $1M - $2M annually.
- Manages, develops and grows strategic prospects and existing customer relationships.
- Identifies, qualifies and quantifies all opportunities within an assigned region and leads sales effort.
- Develops and delivers accurate and technically correct sales presentations to potential customers.
- Manages all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, development of the customer relationship at all levels and the implementation of the account plans.
- Delivers on set objectives to achieve revenue and growth targets.
- Works with sales support staff, pre and post sales staff to further customer relationships forecast, track territory opportunities, and close the deal.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Sales within IT industry including, but not limited to inside sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering or another related field of study OR equivalent experience
- Prior experience selling services or IT services and working directly with F2000 accounts
- Experience in managing all aspects of the sales cycle, including prospecting, developing the customer relationship at all levels and the implementation of the account plans
- Experience working with multi-element revenue models, which include both one time and recurring revenue streams which may include multiple products
- Capable of closing complicated deals from discovering sales opportunities to contract completion
- Able to up-sell existing accounts as well as proactively identify and acquire new customers
- Comfortable being an active participant (not necessarily leader) in highly technical discussions.
- Able to collaboratively work with Sales Engineer to ensure that commercial goals are achieved within an assigned territory.
- Sales driven with strong track record of closing business on their own.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Strong marketing sense and vision.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Highly Organized
- 3 to 5 years prior quota and territory sales experience
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with [a] criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Successful applicant must comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law