Territory Sales Manager
The Territory Sales Manager directly leads a team of Account Managers and indirectly leads Domain Experts (Territory Business Leaders & Technical Consultants) in the development and implementation of channel strategies within the territory
What you will do:
- Responsible for increased market share and ensures effective utilization of channel resources.
- Resolves critical product related issues with senior business unit management.
- Coaches and assists the channel account team and support resources with planning, coordinating, and resolving market conflicts.
- Recruits, develops and effectively performance manages a competent and engaged staff capable of exceeding assigned annual sales goals within the assigned territory.
- Supports employee development by investing time and resources for both formal and informal training and executes development plans/opportunities for the team.
- Ensures a clear understanding of key business drivers for successful channel models.
- Develops strategies and plans to create new opportunities through local and national marketing programs, target accounts and other activities that create demand.
- Engages at key customers and opportunities to ensure Rockwell Automation’s best chance for success.
- Analyzes local market information and provides ongoing local market, monthly sales activity reports, forecasting and ad-hoc feedback.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with the territory management team and corporate management regarding territory dynamics, performance and sales opportunities
- Facilitates distributor meetings with territory sales management to set goals and objectives around account planning, account collaboration, commercial programs and product launches.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering or related discipline. Additional business related degree/experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel locally greater than 50% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, systems integration or an engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program.
- Previous experience managing a sales team and leading distributors.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
We offer a Flexible Work Schedule where you will work with your manager to enjoy a work schedule that can flex with your personal life.
Who we are
We are a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we employ approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.