We are one of California’s leading natural consumer products company producing some of California’s most trusted cannabis brands. We focus on innovation and development of new products and technologies while maintaining high standards of quality and a commitment to our patients. We are setting the tone for this exciting industry and are looking for qualified candidates to grow with us as we achieve our goals.
We are actively seeking an industry-experienced Outside Sales Territory Manager to build and manage licensed dispensary accounts in the specified territory. The Territory Manager will be responsible for the development of new accounts and implementation of account-specific sales strategies to achieve territory sales growth in accordance with company revenue objectives.
- Generate sales revenue by opening, maintaining, and growing an active sales territory.
- Combine outside sales experience and territory insights to explain how Kurvana products can be a solution to fulfill a need for a premium vape cartridge in retail accounts.
- Identify potential issues within sales territory and work with different departments to come up with a resolution.
- Establish clear, targeted sales goals and monitor progress-to-goal regularly.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Visit retail accounts in assigned territory to evaluate client needs and promote product sales.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with prospective clients, account decision makers, and other key industry personnel.
- Contact new and existing clients to discuss how Kurvana products can meet their needs.
- Leverage marketing collateral and data to increase brand awareness.
- Coordinate with Brand Ambassadors to develop accounts and sponsor events.
- Represent the company and its products with high character, integrity, and professionalism.
- Maintain a positive working partnership with Brand Ambassadors and distribution team.
- Collaborate with coworkers to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Monitor sales progress to ensure KPI’s are achieved.
- Submit sales orders accurately and on time.
- Update and maintain client data, sales orders, and account changes in Salesforce.
- Relay customer feedback to internal departments for continuous improvement.
- Initiate sales campaigns to meet sales expectations.
- Identify opportunities to enhance visual merchandising and maximize presence in high-traffic shelf space and display cases.
- Complete expense reports, sales reports, and other administrative paperwork.
- Communicate with the distribution team to ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Seeks new business opportunities within the territory.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Time-management skills: effectively plan a weekly schedule and prioritize time between multiple accounts, promotional events, and administrative duties.
- Sales skills, including persuasion, overcoming objections, active listening, and negotiation.
- Judgment and Decision Making: consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the best option.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Rudimentary knowledge of cannabis laws
- 2+ years of outside sales experience in the cannabis industry is highly preferred.
- Salesforce experience
- An extensive knowledge and passion for cannabis products is preferred.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation to visit clients.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1+ year of outside sales experience
- 2+ years in consumer product sales, selling premium brands is required.
- Experience using CRM database.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A successful candidate:
- Is persuasive and engaging, with a positive attitude and upbeat personality.
- Is passionate about meeting new people, building relationships, and promoting products in a competitive environment.
- Is willing to do whatever it takes to be successful in a highly competitive market.
- Is self-motivated and results driven.
- Thrives in both individual and team environments.
- Adapts quickly to an evolving market.
- Is highly self-motivated and results driven.
- Is always looking for ways to improve and be better.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.