The Spectrum Territory Manager is responsible for building, owning and driving a sales and retention culture across the Spectrum Stores within a key metro market, parts of a key metro market or large dispersed geographical area. Actively and consistently supports efforts of their teams to engage customers in a retail environment and drive the sale and retention of Spectrum product and services. Consistently demonstrates solid leadership and coaching skills to create a motivated work environment where employees can excel.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Leads multiple teams of Store Managers, motivating and engaging them to meet and exceed their sales goals, while delivering a clean, organized and fully operational retail experience for all customers and employees.
Ensures sales managers and their teams are retaining customers through positive customer relationship building, diffusing customer escalations, utilizing effective listening skills and probing techniques to overcome objectives and save/upgrade customers.
Plans, organizes, staffs and directs multiple Spectrum stores.
Ensures their stores meet Spectrum brand and merchandising expectations and that a thriving culture of customer care exists at all store locations within their span of control.
Ensures the successful rollout of new product and merchandising launches by their management teams.
Utilizes effective assessment skills to continually inspect everything from the sales behaviors to the product knowledge of the teams within their span of control and lead change efforts as needed.
Proactively identifies issues, builds action plans and seeks opportunities to grow their business and increase customer satisfaction.
Manages crisis situations and escalates to leadership as necessary.
Ensures management teams have subject matter expertise on all store functions, including the Spectrum Store Customer Experience (SSCE), Spectrum products, pricing plans, promotions, service features and visual standards, as well as those of competitors.
Consistently meets or exceeds operational and expense management standards within their scope of responsibility, while minimizing or eliminating losses to the company.
Maintains established departmental performance standards, including FCC and franchise performance standards.
Builds employee engagement and high performing teams by recruiting, training and retaining the best talent within their span of control.
Establishes check and balances with store management to maintain appropriate levels of staffing at all stores within their markets.
Coaches, mentors and motivates store management to feel empowered to achieve their key performance metrics through multiple forums; one-on-ones, team huddles and department meetings.
Creates an environment of continuous learning, role playing and development where management and employees are able to enhance their skills and maximize their potential and success through coaching, training, and objective performance management, including the progressive discipline process.
Maintains solid working relationships with leadership, the operations team and peers, working as a team to build a culture of success.
Ensures their markets are compliant with Spectrum cash management policy, work order controls and requires completion of timely audits in their stores.
Ensures all store employees within span of control are trained and managing strict enforcement of all company policies and procedures, including active participation in Charter’s EEO program.
Evaluates and analyzes the impact of business events on their Spectrum Stores activity, responds accordingly and provides leadership with frequent updates on key events.
Assists with Director functions and responsibilities and performs other duties as requested by leadership.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers and suppliers, in person, on the phone and by written communication in a clear, straight-forward and professional manner
- Background as a Store Manager in a destination shopping environment
- Proven ability to build a solid sales culture and high-performing teams, while demonstrating solid customer orientation
- Launched or managed multiple retail locations in their career
- Build good partnerships within all areas of the organization by exhibiting solid interpersonal leadership, influencing and presentation skills
- A proven ability to lead others and motivate them to succeed in a goal and incentive based work environment
- Solid experience in launching and managing multiple projects simultaneously and providing status updates on their success
- History of identifying sales trends and risk and effectively communicating those to their leaders, then working to develop response plans
- Proven ability to handle change management
- High comfort level with personal technology, such as mobile devices and personal video platforms
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet Charter’s motor vehicle requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
Sales/Customer Service experience - 6+years
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Effective analytical, statistical, quantitative and deduction skills and the ability to make qualitative judgments
- Experience in implementing sales training and employee development programs
- Knowledge of process and procedure design and documentation
- Knowledge and ability to use computer and software applications
Related Work Experience
- Sales Leadership experience - 7+years
- Telecommunications/wireless leadership experience - 4+ years
- Sales/Customer Service experience - 7+ years
- Experience working inside a destination-style shopping environment - 5+ years
- Retail environment
- Exposure to moderate noise level
- Travel to multiple locations to oversee and monitor day-to-day operations
- Professional attire and appearance
- Handle a physically demanding job, lifting up to 35 lbs.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.