TED YouTube Manager
TEDNew York, NY17 days ago
TED is seeking an experienced YouTube manager to oversee strategy and publishing on our main YouTube channel, youtube.com/ted. This is a brand new role for our organization and an exciting opportunity to join TED and make an impact at a strategic level.
This role will be responsible for: developing and managing channel programming that drives audience growth while adhering to TED’s mission-driven values; assessing our library of talks, originals and live content and and setting channel strategy to optimize their reach; and creating mission-aligned revenue opportunities in collaboration with our original content and partnerships teams, among other tasks.
The ideal candidate has a sharp eye, boundless curiosity and experience managing a large YouTube channel. This is a great job if you're: a spectacular problem-solver with incredible attention to detail; a data nerd who loves a good A/B test and thrives on numbers; a passionate change-maker interested in TED's mission of spreading ideas.
- Set strategy for and manage the day-to-day publication of TED Talks and live content on TED’s main YouTube channel, youtube.com/ted, aligning with our overall editorial vision
- Grow TED’s footprint (views and subscribers) on YouTube by finding new opportunities for content to be discovered and disseminated across the platform, especially for international audiences.
- Establish and manage partnerships with other YouTube content creators, with an eye towards increasing revenue and audience engagement, and shepherd projects from concept to execution
- Lead analytics function for YouTube and collaborate with teams across the org to establish reporting frameworks that measure and communicate success, with an aim of retaining viewers and subscribers
- Collaborate closely with the Audience Development team to coordinate and launch key marketing efforts for new products and initiatives
- Work closely with Brand Creative on setting a visual branding identity for the platform - thumbnails, descriptions, banners, artwork.
- Lead org-wide strategy around YouTube platform updates and trends
- Collaborate with YouTube stakeholders from TEDx, TED-Ed and others across the organization to establish best practices for use of promotional tools
- Manage community messaging and comment moderation strategy
- 3-5 years of digital media and production experience, including managing a large (50K+ subscribers) YouTube channel
- Understanding of the YouTube algorithm, familiarity with engagement tactics and publishing best practices, and enthusiasm to track trends and changes on the platform
- Mastery of digital content management systems and the ability and desire to learn new software
- Strong copy and headline writing skills, with an emphasis on optimizing for clip titling
- Ability to pass a writing and editing test
- Fluency in second language other than English, especially one of the following: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Photoshop or other image editing experience
- Experience in data or database management
- News reporting experience
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Paid family leave
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break plus you're eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- 401k with match