Technology IT Specialist
Meaningful Work From Day One:
IT professional who responds to technology-related incidents escalated by the IT Service Desk, other IT groups or by direct contact with technology users. This position requires advanced skills, knowledge, tools, and authority above those on the IT Service Desk. They may resolve the incidents remotely, deskside, or via depot service for employees located around the globe.
Primarily responsible for the restoration and resolution of service for technical issues as quickly as possible with limited disruptions.
- Work closely with the Service Desk to ensure resolution of end-user computing problems or requests in a timely fashion.
- Fulfilling primary and secondary 24x7 on-call responsibilities as scheduled.
- Deployment, support, and troubleshooting of mobile technology.
- Deployment, support, and troubleshooting of all PC related equipment. This includes, but is not limited to desktop, laptops, PC peripherals, and printers.
- Deployment, support, and troubleshooting of PC-based applications. This includes, but is not limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365, shrink-wrapped and cloud applications, Development Tools and internal applications.
- Deployment, support, and troubleshooting of Wireless Devices. This includes, but is not limited to iOS and Android devices, cell phones and mobile broadband devices.
- Imaging of PCs, laptops and other computer equipment.
- Contributes regularly to the Service Desk Knowledge Base using designated tools.
- Investigate, research, test and implement new technologies as guided by the Innovation team.
- Reviews, comments, and grades Service Desk Analysts performance on a per-incident basis.
- Support and troubleshooting of Video Conferencing Systems and Audio-Visual Support for meetings and internal events.
- Participate in the testing of new applications, technology, security patches, and hotfixes.
- Keeps skills updated on supported technologies and corporate business applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to self-sustain and improve personal knowledge base through attending classes, self-study, on the job training, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow departmental processes and policies, as well as, maintain an acceptable level of performance as required by the departmental scorecard.
- Process, record (in Asset Management and Quickbooks) and distribute incoming technology orders.
- Perform weekly inventory reconciliation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of computer support experience.
- Experience in creating technical documentation, process maps, and knowledge transfer documents.
- Strong computer skills necessary in Microsoft Office Suite
- Apple Technology (iPhone, iPad, and Mac) experience is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to handle difficult situations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to detail, with a commitment to follow through and follow-up.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and interact with all types of clients including technology, business, management, and executive management.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Travel: 10% travel required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Google, Salesforce, Okta SSO
- Certifications: Could include, but are not limited to A+, Network+, MOS, MCP (with a focus on MS Windows), MCSE/MCSA, Cisco, Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT). Specific certifications will be included in the job posting.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.