Technology and Engineering Operations Auditor
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in one of the following: systems auditing, privacy/security, e-commerce, advertising, cloud, online payments, media or content licensing, software development, supply chain, hardware manufacturing, systems integration, or similar role.
- Experience with Java, Python, or C++ readability and SQL.
- Experience with data analytics and data interpretation.
- Certifications in CISA/CISSP/PMP/CIA/CPA/CFE.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, navigating ambiguity while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and people management skills.
Internal Audit‘s mission is to protect and enable growth across Alphabet, Google and our Bets with objective, practical insights. We do this by monitoring the risk environment across Alphabet and providing insights to enable effective risk management. We work closely with teams and leadership to achieve a strong control environment that enhances and protects organizational value. We serve as one of the company’s various lines of defense for staffing and developing our team to be control experts who deliver objective and reliable results. As a member of the team, you’ll advise the business and engineering groups to identify areas of risk and make valuable recommendations on controls. You’ll have the opportunity to influence change and decisions for business initiatives including product launches and system implementations. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment, are passionate about technology and are able to focus on key issues and the details that come with it.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$198,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Identify and call attention to financial, operational, compliance, and reputational risks through assurance, consulting, and solutions management activities. Improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and internal control activities.
- Work in cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product Management, Sales Operations and Finance to help create integrated system requirements and to provide IT controls expertise.
- Lead ad hoc analyses of financial and IT data to assist other areas of the audit function. Develop repeatable methods to ensure a consistent result and help develop an internal knowledge base.
- Design and execute audit programs, operational process reviews, and review of system implementations, applications and other IT-related risk areas.
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations. Interpret the significance of audit findings, conclude on findings, and make practical recommendations for remediation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.