All of Southwest’s People come together to deliver on our Purpose; Connecting People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. This Technology Analyst supports our Purpose by building cybersecurity capabilities to protect Southwest’s aircraft, aircraft operations, and operational technology. This role also assists with compliance to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Aircraft Network Security Operator guidance and the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) operational technology requirements within the Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program. The Technology Analyst is a strategic thinker who is excited about the opportunity to protect Southwest Airlines from potential cyber incidents.
- U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
- This role is offered as a remote workplace position, which may require travel for trainings, meetings, conferences, etc. Outside of those required visits, the majority of your working time may be spent in a remote location, away from our Corporate Campus. Please note, while this is a remote position, there is limited group of states or localities ineligible for Employees to regularly perform their work off-site. Those ineligible locations are: Alaska, Delaware, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Conduct needs analysis to create quality solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with stated requirements and comply with departmental standards. Manage activities to ensure solutions are delivered on-time and within budget. Serve as a resource to ensure effective communications to customers or key stakeholders.
- Apply knowledge and skills of analysis, business processes, tools, domains, project methodologies, requirements definitions, and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Partner with other Technology Team members to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Stay informed about current developments within his or her expertise.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Estimate effort and value for solutions
- Apply business solutions with broad level knowledge about technology platforms/architectures
- Verify information and carefully review and check the accuracy of own work using dependency identification processes in technology work
- Establish or follow prioritization process to drive work, completing work with a sense of urgency
- Express ideas, business or technical requirements clearly and concisely in writing using appropriate levels of summary and synthesis
- Monitor program risks, issues, and scope proactively, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leader
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of business analysis, process modeling and redesign
- Proficient knowledge of technical environments
- Knowledge of airport operations.
- Knowledge of vulnerability and asset management.
- Knowledge of aircraft avionics and cabin system. Understanding of network exploitation, attack strategies and methods, current IT and OT security technology, cybersecurity threat mitigation tactics and tools, and cybersecurity incident response processes and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Skilled in partnering, communication, and negotiation in working with various Teams and/or external partners
- Ability to analyze medium to large Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a strong Customer service/team oriented environment
- Ability to research, create, and document requirements, processes, and technical specifications
- Ability to manage and prioritize effectively multiple and widely varied work streams/tasks
- Ability to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work; able to mentor others to do the same
- Ability to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent formal training
- Required: Intermediate-level experience, fully functioning broad knowledge in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field
- Preferred: Understanding of network exploitation, attack strategies and methods, current IT and OT security technology, cybersecurity threat mitigation tactics and tools, and cybersecurity incident response processes and procedures.
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs
- Competitive market salary from $96,800 per year to $108,600 per year* depending on qualifications and experience. For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the company.
- Pay amount does not guarantee employment for any particular period of time.
- *401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits. **Profit-sharing contributions are subject to plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.