Technical Support Specialist
This temporary Technical Support Specialist position provides infrastructure IT support services for The New York Times Company. This role will support all functional business areas, working closely with the New York Help Desk, Application Support, Platforms, Networking, Storage, and other support teams to provide fast and exceptional service to end users. This is a Monday through Friday in-office position.
- Provide hands on support to business critical end-users on the macOS and Windows platforms.
- Handle IT support requests via ServiceNow and Jira ticketing systems providing resolution in a timely manner within a complex, fast-paced business environment.
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot end user computing devices including laptops, desktops, printers, phones, and mobile devices.
- Maintain all equipment per the company inventory asset control standards.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot supported operating systems and applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, financial tools and internet browsers along with third-party apps.
- Provide customer training on systems and technology to end users and prepare and distribute instructional documentation to users as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues via remote support tools, phone, chat, email, or in person from NY Times employees, freelancers, and contractors and update and or create tickets following established policies and procedures.
- Handle projects assigned by management.
- Work independently on day-to-day operations.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an information technology technical support role.
- Experience with end user support using a wide range of technology.
- Familiarity with Apple platforms preferred.
- Familiarity with Service Now preferred.
- Familiarity with Bomgar remote control application preferred.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- May require travel to other New York office locations
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment with changing schedules and priorities.
- Excellent customer focus in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to work a Monday-Friday in-office schedule
This position is represented by the NewsGuild of NY.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The New York Times Company will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, and will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable "Fair Chance" laws.