Technical Support Manager
The Dow Jones Customer Service (DJCS) mission is to provide great service for our customers and great experiences for our people. Our team has the privilege of delivering impactful experiences by helping our customers access the trusted news and business information published and produced by our marquee brands including, The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Dow Jones Factiva, and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance. We are a collaborative group, focused on delivering excellence during every customer interaction. You will reside on the Customer Service Team reporting to the Head of B2B Customer Service. You will lead and develop the team to ensure all customers receive superior technical service across the complete Dow Jones product offering. You will develop and implement best practices to ensure customers receive world-class support and remain loyal, and will also ensure that Technical Support and Developer Support mandated service levels are met. You will be based in Princeton, NJ.
- Support and highlight the mission and core values of our department with members of TS/DSG.
- Conduct Workforce planning, goal setting, performance management, coaching, training, and development plans to ensure accomplishment of work objectives.
- Manage the implementation of daily technical support procedures and initiatives to achieve or exceed target metrics.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet customer satisfaction goals and creating innovative ways to provide superior customer service.
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Technical Support Team to track team performance.
- Analyze customer service metrics to determine opportunity areas and monitoring performance against goal.
- Ensure that customer service level and response time goals are met for all forms of communication between Dow Jones support and customers.
- Ensure escalations to 2nd level teams are seamless for our customers and are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish, document, and implement global processes and procedures across the individual Technical Support teams while formalizing their relationship and interdependencies.
- Direct and monitor activities of assigned staff including recruiting, scheduling, coaching, training, performance management, and corrective action to develop an effective team with a strong customer focus.
- Ensure the team is meeting Quality Assurance measures on a monthly basis.
- Encourage a sense of community through regular in-person meetings and coaching sessions with the team.
- Develop a cohesive and informed team across both Tech Support and DSG by leading regular meetings with both Supervisors and teams.
- Be a key decision maker as it relates to Tech Support and DSG operations and Technical Manager on Duty for critical customer and system issues.
- Attend internal and external partnership or key client meetings as required.
- Assist with the implementation of projects identified by the Senior Technical Project Manager on initiatives to be implemented across DSG and/or Technical Support.
- Develop and maintain documentation needed by support staff, including troubleshooting steps, installation instructions, new tools overviews, and contact lists.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.
- Recognize that operational roles of this nature involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management.
- 7+ years experience in a customer-facing technical role.
- Knowledge to motivate and inspire the team towards achievement of service excellence.
- Working knowledge of technologies that impact Dow Jones products and solutions including infrastructure, authentication, connectivity, content delivery, Web services API, XML/HTML, and single sign-on solutions.
- Capability to coach direct reports to strengthen their performance and improve skills in order to accomplish work objectives.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make decisions that benefit both the customer and the business.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction and previous understanding of customer needs and support issues.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex ideas at a level appropriate to the audience using ideas/terminology to ensure customer understanding and resolution of inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred).
- Prior experience working with and managing a global team (preferred).
- Five years of experience in a call center environment involved with complex products and high-value clients (preferred).
- Understanding of the knowledge management industry and information integration for corporate intranets, and awareness of corporate users’ information needs and applications (preferred).
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Reasonable accommodation: Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Job Category: Customer Service & Contact Center Operations
Non-Union / A clear and likely internal candidate
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.