Technical Project Manager
Ethyca (https://ethyca.com) is a high-growth Series A remote startup on a mission to make Trust, Respect, and Privacy a default feature of every tech stack. To accomplish this, we created the Fides open source language for data privacy (https://ethyca.com/fides/) and its related suite of free developer tools to enforce privacy policies as code, automate users’ right to access and erase their data, and much more. We believe software engineers are uniquely equipped to solve modern privacy challenges, but only if we work together on shared standards and best practice tools - come join our team and help make this a reality!
As a Technical Project Manager, Enterprise at Ethyca, you will be responsible for driving successful co-development outcomes for a selection of our Enterprise customers. We are seeking an individual who is an adept project manager and is comfortable building relationships with clients. Our ideal candidate is energized by engaging in often complex business-level and technical conversations in a consultative manner at multiple levels of an organization. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the core of Ethyca’s successful partnerships with large global brands, and to change the landscape of programmatic privacy by empowering businesses to manage data respectfully.
Every day, we’re solving challenges for customers and thinking about the future of human rights as society increasingly moves online. If this sounds intriguing and you’re excited to shape that future with us, we’d love to talk to you!
What You Will Do
- Develop project plans to support the joint development of products in partnership with our Enterprise clients
- As the primary point of contact, you will be responsible for the success of the customer's project and the strategic health of Ethyca’s relationship with them. As such, you will be responsible for managing scheduling, driving meetings, and maintaining timely asynchronous communication between internal and external teams
- Manage several concurrent project schedules for a select roster of customers, milestones, and communication strategies, with keen attention to documented deadlines
- Identify and communicate project requirements, scope, constraints, dependencies, and risks to technical and non-technical stakeholders and be the primary interface between internal resources including product, engineering, security, and infrastructure teams.
- Ensure that project plans and documentation are complete, current, accurate, and easily accessible
- Maintain robust documentation and learning assets, comfortable creating and iterating on necessary support resources as needed
- Manage deliverable expectations, escalating challenges as needed
- Minimum 5-7 years years technical project management experience
- Proven ability in client-facing roles working directly with external stakeholders
- Communication and presentation experience through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent deadlines while prioritizing the critical path for each partner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivated to build strong relationships and influence partner teams to drive projects to completion
- Familiar with navigating large, matrixed technology organizations and influencing stakeholders on often disparate teams
- Ideal team members are collaborative and adaptable, eager to attack challenges with curiosity, and able to encourage internal and external teams to find ways to be more efficient and collaborative
- PMP or comparable certification highly preferred
- A working knowledge of the data privacy landscape, including the regulatory and technical considerations impacting businesses today, is a huge plus
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage for you and your dependent(s)
- Remote-friendly office hours and vacation policy
- Sponsored company lunches and events
- Parental leave and 401K plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristics.
Ethyca is a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and remote workers across the US. When it’s safe to meet again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel a few times a year for company events. We are currently unable to sponsor visas so require that you are authorized to work in the USA.