Technical Program Manager
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
- Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
- BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
- Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you’ll work closely with Data, Engineering, and Product to help define, manage, and scale our technical/data-centric projects upon which many high-impact initiatives are built (e.g. scaling Credit Passport internationally, Cash flow underwriting with Cash-atlas). You’ll also be interfacing with most of the GTM teams that would consume part of the outputs of these projects. It will be key to deliver these projects while promoting effective communication, producing internal & external documentation, and continuously improving our processes. Keeping engineering & data quality high will be of the utmost importance.
As our first TPM, you will play a crucial role in helping define what excellence looks like for the function and what culture to bring to the trade. For a more in-depth look at our engineering culture today, check out our page on Key Values.
- Lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery through all phases of technical projects, with strong operational excellence.
- Deliver a data tooling roadmap that over time, decreases level of effort, increases accessibility and efficiency of data integration & data insights in our product. This should be done while maintaining high data quality & documentation across our products.
- Proactively create and maintain quality assurance processes across our product line where needed, to include upgrading our processes and metric monitoring systems.
- Work with stakeholders (Engineering, Data, Product & Partnerships) to ensure that quality assurance processes are implemented with all new feature builds and changes (e.g. new bureau integration, supplier data updates, custom metrics or features).
- 6+ years of relevant technical program management experience, ideally in data-intensive and regulated environments
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders to discover requirements, build consensus and plan technical projects end to end
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with experience in defining key results for technical projects and a track record of hitting them
- Naturally accountable, responsible, and self-motivated
- Retool our data processing pipelines to improve data observability and monitoring capabilities
- Build tooling and processes to scale our credit passport bureau integration by order of magnitude
- Build scalable dispute-handling workflows to scale across product lines and internationally
$172,000 - $229,000 a year
Base salary range is for U.S.-based candidates, dependent on individual experience, skills, education, location, and qualifications. We consider all elements of compensation as a part of the value we provide to Novans. This may include base salary, equity grants, incentive compensation for eligible roles, professional development, flexible PTO, and tenure rewards. We offer U.S.-based Novans competitive, employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to mental health and wellness benefits and a range of other benefits & perks.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal-opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars of our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.