Technical Account Manager
Zoom Remote Office (NJ) - Remote Office (NY) - Other 6 months ago
We are looking for an amazing Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join our team. The ideal candidate will build strong relationships with customers and internal partners alike, ensuring success with Zoom products and services. Your efforts will drive customer satisfaction and happiness.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert on Zoom’s architecture and video/audio collaboration space.
- Partner closely with the customer account team ( Account Executive and Customer Success Manager) to drive and strengthen the customer relationship
- Be the primary point of contact to drive complex technical escalations towards timely resolution.
- Provide technical consultations for architecture integration and service optimization
- Manage technical feature requests and requirements that are key to the customer’s success and process workflow.
- Develop a trusted- technical advisor relationship with customers and provide recommendations based on the Zoom product suite to address their business needs in partnership with the Customer Success Manager.
- Partner with Customer Success Manager to notify customers about product enhancements and incremental product releases.
- Be the Voice of Customer internally within Zoom to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers working hand in hand with the assigned Customer Success Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Technology preferred but not required.
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Previous Technical Account Manager or Escalation Engineer experience is preferred.
- Public Sector or Financial Services industry experience is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, analytical skills & problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Solid understanding of IP Telephony, SIP or H323, and Audio/Video codecs
- Experience in troubleshooting network problems, firewalls, NAT etc.
- Proficiency with Video conferencing or Unified communication solutions such as Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, Lifesize, Microsoft Lync/Office365.
- Hands on system administration experience on Windows, Mac and Linux is a plus.
- Ability to articulate complex technical topics, diplomatically address customer concerns, while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand Zoompartner and ecosystem partners, products and applications
- Mentor developing team members
- Act as a leader when the situation warrants
- Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
- UDP/TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers and VoIP)
- Cisco certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE