Team Head Design
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- This position supports the COBRA PUMA GOLF brand based in Carlsbad, CA.
- Leading the apparel and accessories team while also designing to create original, technical, and innovative designs and collections across both men’s and women’s on a seasonal basis.
- Align with Head of Product Design on business objectives and offer creative design solutions that are aligned to consumer insights and brand direction.
- Partnering with Product Line Management to develop unique and relevant product stories and collection that resonate with our consumers.
- Work with apparel design counterparts at key planning and development stages to ensure cohesive 360 collections.
- Provide market research and design trend analysis supporting theme and design directions.
- Develop negotiation and consensus approach with development and PLM counterparts to achieve optimum design value, costing, commerciality while advancing category initiatives.
- Coach and mentor design team in design, tech pack, fit and garment construction skills.
- Provide strategic design and related support to Head of Product Design.
- Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design and development process: Research and develop new and innovative product designs, fabrications, and trims on a regular basis to be at the forefront of trends and shifts in the market.
- Build strong and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners: Product Line Management, Merchandising, Tech Design, Product Development, Marketing, and Production.
- Lead all apparel and accessories product design reviews, create and present seasonal trend and color overviews at design meetings.
- Manage and lead the timely and accurate completion of detail sheets, CADS, and tech packages based on design time and action calendar.
- BA Degree in Fashion Design
- 10+ years of design experience in the apparel industry
- Minimum 5 years of managing designers
- Proven leadership/management skills. Detail-oriented; ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and be a mentor to the design staff.
- Highly knowledgeable of performance, sportswear, and lifestyle consumer
- Expert level of color strategy and usage across apparel & accessory collections
- Strong technical design background with excellent drawing, rendering and presentation skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to execute sophisticated initiatives and build new insights
- Strong knowledge of cross team collaboration
- High degree of professionalism, shows self-motivation, maturity, drive, and the desire to grow as a designer and leader
- Mastery of Adobe Suite of products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: email@example.com