Reporting to the Senior Manager of Tax Accounting, the Manager will leverage strong technical skills in US GAAP accounting for income taxes (ASC 740), and knowledge of corporate and partnership tax regulations to support the quarterly and annual global tax provision for a publicly traded US multinational corporation. The ideal candidate will operate independently in a fast-paced hybrid work environment, possess strong working knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision (OTP), and the ability to lead process improvement through automation, and collaboration.
Primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Primary support of the preparation of the quarterly and annual global income tax provision calculations and related financial statement disclosures, tracking of deferred taxes, and reconciliation of tax accounts.
- Manage the preparation and first level review of the annual domestic tax provision calculation including identification, preparation, and review of all schedule M and consolidating workpaper support, cumulative deferred validation, and journal entries.
- Prepare workpapers and memo that support and document uncertain tax positions, valuation allowance and APB 23 assertions.
- Monitor proposed and enacted global tax legislation changes, assessing the impact to the organization, and perform relevant tax research.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with income tax SOX controls and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Provide tax accounting support to the business for transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Support continuous improvements in the income tax function processes to optimize efficiency, and leverage technology.
- Lead, develop, and mentor staff.
- Collaborate with corporate finance community, internal/external auditors, and advisors.
- Manage projects, workflows, timelines, and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax, or related field
- 6+ years of tax experience, preferably a mix of Big 4 public accounting and U.S. multinational company
- Solid working knowledge of ASC 740, FIN 48, and FAS 5
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts under U.S. GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision software and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Workday ERP software a plus
- Strong tax technical and data analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Strong process management and documentation skills and the ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to respond to inquiries from management, internal customers, and external auditors