The Tax Manager works under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Tax.
This position coordinates and works closely with the company’s outside tax accounting firm to prepare, review, and issue the company’s tax returns and tax information to partners.
This individual will also work with accounting and management to develop efficient planning and structuring.
- Gather and provide financial and other pertinent information for outside tax firm
- Ensure company adherence to compliance-related deadlines, such as extensions, tax estimate requirements, tax return filings and other tax-related services
- Collaborate with members of the accounting team, vendors and upper management to ensure accurate reporting
- Review partnership, LLC, C and S Corporation, state and federal tax returns
- Review state withholding requirements and calculations
- Prepare income tax projections for businesses
- Participate in tax planning and structuring
- Review projections to actual and analyze for improvements to methodology
- Assist in tracking tax capital accounts
- Understand and research basic to moderately complex tax concepts and their application to the company; communicate results, after review, with management
- Special projects as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting/Finance major preferred
- 6-8 years professional tax experience, CPA or attorney preferred
- Previous experience in real estate, construction and multi-entity structure preferred
- Family office experience preferred
- Experience with pass-through tax entities
- State and federal tax filing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite