Talent Acquisition Specialist
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for attracting, recruiting, and helping managers hire the best possible talent into roles across Parallel. Success in this role can be measured by the number of high-quality candidates who apply for our open roles, how long it takes to fill those roles, and the impact those hires make once they’re onboard. This role will be supporting our Massachusetts (NETA) and Pennsylvania (Goodblend) market and we are looking for candidates that are local to Pittsburgh, PA or the state of Massachusetts. The position will be primarily remote but would require travel into the local facility once a month.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Own and drive the end-to-end recruiting process for assigned roles
- Conduct intake calls; work with HRBPs and hiring managers to develop candidate success profiles
- Maintain a high-quality pipeline of potential candidates
- Screen candidates for basic qualifications and fit to role
- Identify highest potential candidates and prepare hiring managers to conduct “final” interviews
- Extend verbal and written offers
- Manage administration of candidates in company’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and ongoing communication with all candidates
- Work with rest of Talent Acquisition team to continuously improve end-to-end hiring process
- Maintain an updated Outlook Calendar
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 2- 3 years full cycle recruiting experience
- Experience in behavioral based interviewing
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience managing and working in applicant tracking systems
- Comfort working directly with leaders at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Windows systems
- Ability to navigate in an ever-changing environment
- Cannabis recruiting experience
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS
- Experience recruiting in an agency setting
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in an office setting
- Ability to travel in office as needed
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
- Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
- Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
- Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.