Talent Acquisition Coordinator
ULI is a global research and education nonprofit organization whose mission is to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide. It is the oldest and largest network of cross-disciplinary real estate and land use experts in the world with over 45,000 members globally. For more information, please visit https://uli.org.
ULI has around 300 employees across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our global People Team develops and implements programs to proactively enhance the employee experience and increase employee engagement, wherever our people are based. Following the recent appointment of our new Chief People Officer (CPO), ULI is currently investing in the team as it doubles in size and starts out on its exciting 3-year people roadmap. This is a pivotal time to join the team, in a key leadership role.
This is a hybrid, full-time, exempt position, located in Washington, DC.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator’s overall responsibility is to support the needs of the talent acquisition team by carrying out day-to-day activities and contributing to long range larger projects that support our recruiting efforts. It is imperative that the individual be highly organized, have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be courteous and friendly to successfully contribute to strategic business goals. The duties and objectives of this position are critical as basic business functions to support our global workforce.
- Provide administrative support and coordination support the talent acquisition function.
- Partner with hiring managers and HR to identify recruitment needs.
- Post job advertisements on ULI’s homepage and various external sites to promote candidate applications.
- Assist in resume screening, conduct preliminary phone screens and assess candidates for relevant skills and experience.
- Present qualified candidates to the hiring team and recommend candidates for further consideration.
- Conduct reference checks and request background and credit checks as needed.
- Prepare offer letters.
- Partner with hiring managers to create job descriptions.
- Proactively follow up with candidates and hiring managers; respond quickly to any requests to ensure a stellar recruiting experience.
- Coordinate calendars with candidates and hiring managers to schedule interviews.
- Utilize compare and contrast skills to source for qualified candidates and contact new prospects.
- Support onboarding activities.
- Assist with communications, presentations, reporting and messaging for the department.
- Perform internet-based project-oriented research.
- Maintain an accurate knowledge of ULI’s Talent Acquisition policies and practices and relay these to staff, as needed, to be implemented in performing their day-to-day duties in meeting the department’s overall goal in relation to fulfilling ULI’s global mission.
- Assist with running the ULI Summer Intern program.
- 1-2 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or equivalent work experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about or an interest in Talent Acquisition and Human Resources.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (including excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc) and the Internet.
- Must be able to maintain total discretion and confidentiality at all times.
ULI has a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance; vacation leave; and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. For more information, click here.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and a letter of interest.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.